Outside Sales Account Manager
Company: HD Supply
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: October 10, 2019
Company Overview Outside Sales Account Manager for Hospitality
Accounts As an Outside Sales Account Manager for the Facilities
Maintenance Hospitality division you will be responsible for an
established portfolio of accounts to maintain and drive
Maintenance, Repair and Operations (MRO) sales. This territory
consists of Ventura County, Santa Barbara, and north to San Luis
Obispo. The position has consistent day travel in the territory and
periodic overnight travel to see customers. This position offers a
competitive base salary plus sales incentive plan paid monthly. A
laptop, cell phone, and monthly expenses are included. HD Supply
(NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest industrial
distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range
of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000
customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and
operations and specialty construction sectors. Through
approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian
provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide
localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery,
will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and
innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. Job
Description & Qualifications Job Summary Responsible to profitably
grow sales to achieve yearly goals as a sales consultant for
emerging industries and markets to include prospecting new
accounts, retaining existing accounts, and increasing opportunities
with existing customers. This position requires operation of a
Company Vehicle or a Personal Vehicle and such operation is done
consistently more than 20% of the average work week. If selected
for this position, HD Supply will run a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR)
report. A requirement of this position is an acceptable MVR report.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Manages sales volume with an existing group of customers and
prospects new accounts to expand the customer base.
- Develops and implements plans to expand business presence in
assigned area. Shares market and competitor information with all
- Develops and sustains sales relationships with key decision
makers and influencers on all levels of the organization.
- Attends monthly business meetings for company sponsored
associations. Participates in all local trade shows, and, if
required, similar regional / national activities.
- Assists in training or mentoring of associates. Nature and
- Demonstrates skill in data analysis techniques by resolving
missing/incomplete information and inconsistencies/anomalies in
more complex research/data.
- Nature of work requires increasing independence; receives
guidance only on unusual, complex problems or issues. Work review
typically involves periodic review of output by a supervisor and/or
direct customers of the process.
- May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level
support or professional personnel. Work Environment
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions
would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and
there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions
there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 2-5
years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 2-4
years of experience in a related field. Certification is required
in some areas. Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- 3 or more years business to business (B2B) sales
- Direct sales to HD Supply facility customers and industry
- Experience with consultative selling/solution selling.
- Bilingual PRID PRID147 Job ID 2019-34992 Business Unit
Facilities Maintenance Functional Area Sales Remote Position? Yes
Position Type Full-Time Posting Location : Postal Code 93003 HD
Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with
Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD
Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates
without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor
prohibited by law.
Keywords: HD Supply, Santa Barbara , Outside Sales Account Manager, Sales , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!