Agent - Reservations
Company: Hotel Californian
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Hotel Californian fosters a creative, entrepreneurial, and
energetic work environment. We value passionate people who love to
be challenged and desire the freedom to contribute to the overall
success of the hotel. We strive to create a workplace culture that
values family, work-life balance, and community. We help develop
our teams and provide support for them to grow their careers with
our organization. Our Talent is proud to work here.
JOB SUMMARY: The Reservation Agent is responsible for handling the
day-to-day reservation operations in a professional, efficient,
friendly manner. The Reservation Agent will also ensure that all
reservation lines are attended and accurately and professionally
communicate hotel rates and information. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create bespoke experience for guests.
- Responsible for all reservation activity ensuring that the
reservation lines are attended always.
- Communicate anticipated business demands daily with
departmental team members (arrivals/departures, group functions,
guest requests, etc.).
- Properly access all functions of the reservations system
according to established procedures.
- Courteously answer inquiries and accept reservations over the
- Maximize revenue by utilizing suggestive selling and up-selling
- Demonstrate advantages and create value for our guests.
- Monitor and ensure that all reservations (including manual) are
input into the session accurately, completely and promptly.
- Assist where necessary to ensure optimum service is provided to
guests, visitors and other departments.
- Work closely with several departments in coordinating
reservations, sales and rate strategy.
- Support other team members and departments to contribute to the
best overall performance of the department and hotel.
- Perform other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary
- Assist in one stop reservation service (including restaurant,
- Assist in prearrival process for all guests (email/phone)
- Assist in answering PBX call into hotel. SKILLS AND EDUCATION
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Prior luxury hospitality experience preferred
- Ability to multitask between different computer systems.
- Must possess computer skills
- Excellent selling skills and understanding of sales processes;
can bring a sale to closure quickly at a high return rate
- Strong customer development and relationship management
- Ability to influence others to up sell products and services
with excellent negotiation skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing) -
possesses confident telephone skills and etiquette
- Ability to accurately input and access data into hospitality
- Must be able to prioritize, organize and follow-up in a timely
- Must be able to work cohesively with other departments,
co-workers as part of a synergistic team
- Ability to work a varied schedule including, days, nights,
weekends, and holidays QUALIFICATION:
Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable
accommodation and without posing a direct threat to the safety or
health of employee or others. To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Note: The responsibilities associated with this job could change
from time to time in accordance with Hotel Californian's business
needs. As a team player, I may be required to perform additional
and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
Foley Entertainment Group, LLC. is an equal employment/affirmative
action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the
employment process because of a disability, please send an e-mail
to ...@vegasgoldenknights.com to let us know the nature of your
request. This employer participates in E-Verify
EOE/AA/Disabled/Vets Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. The contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. Associated topics:
club, host, kings, lodge, mason, plaza, rapids, resort, spa,
Keywords: Hotel Californian, Santa Barbara , Agent - Reservations, Sales , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!