Leisure Sales Manager
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: September 17, 2022
Job DescriptionTarget, solicit and cultivate all segments of
transient business for hotel, with heightened efforts directed
toward securing increased production from Consortia and
non-affiliated Travel Agency, Wholesaler/Tour Operator and Business
Transient segments, to achieve hotels Transient Room Revenue annual
revenue target. Work alongside the Belmond Commercial Organization
in support of their sales efforts to produce Transient segment room
revenue. RequirementsDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Achieve Sales Revenue Goals established for you.
- Solicit new and develop existing accounts to meet/exceed
revenue goals through telephone solicitation, personal sales calls,
written communication, site inspections, familiarization trips and
- Represent El Encanto well and be able to clearly articulate
hotel and brand value and points of differentiation, to capture
transient revenue and increased share growth for hotel.
- Prepare correspondence to customers, be proficient in and
perform internal booking reports and keep excellent
- Respond to all customer needs within a timely manner and
acknowledge all customers, however busy and whatever time of
- Enhance current account base via referrals and new
- Enhance the accuracy of the database by continuously refreshing
and adding accounts to OSC via ongoing prospecting.
- Participate in scheduled sales meetings, team events, training,
sales strategy, departmental and hotel meetings as required.
- Participate in the Manager on Duty program, overseeing the
hotels operation, on average, one weekend day per month.
- Participate in the LQA Assessment Program assessing your
experiences formally at El Encanto and connecting with teams for
suggestions on areas of improvement.
- Create and foster deep relationships with key clientele to
motivate them to book El Encanto.
- Maintain and enhance relationships with all Consortia,
Wholesale and Business Transient accounts, the Belmond Commercial
Organization, and any other partners that the hotel works with,
keeping them abreast of property updates, need periods, etc and
fulfill their requests.
- Establish lists of top prospects for ongoing direct marketing
efforts via telephone, direct mail, email and personal sales
- Become familiar with other Belmond properties and share
specific account and lead information with them in order to cross
sell our entire product line.
- Create and spearhead strategies to increase business and work
with the Belmond and El Encanto teams to implement your
- Develop & maintain knowledge of market trends, competition, and
- Develop a high degree of familiarity with all hotel and brand
initiatives and promotions in the Leisure segment.
- Maintain proper and detailed records of contacts met and
- Fluency in navigating Oracle Sales Cloud, Tableau, Property
Management System (HMS), Sales System (SCS), the Google Suite and
- Have the ability to understand and be able to communicate
clearly booking and forecast budget analysis.
- Maintain close communication with hotels operating
- Have a good working relationship with Belmonds Central
Reservation Team to support your sales efforts.
- Develop and implement on-going strategic SMART action plans
including specific goals for specific accounts with outgoing phone
calls, email to clients, sales trips, trade shows, and
familiarization trips identified, actioned, and recorded, to
achieve Hotels revenue targets.
- Write, update, and maintain all action plans and reports
requested, including keeping the Weekly Sales Meeting Transient tab
current, Daily end of Day reporting, promotion plan updating,
Standard Ops doc updating / maintenance.
- Accurately forecast business, based on historical trends,
client intelligence and other market factors.
- Recommend positioning, packaging, promotions, and pricing
strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market
- Fluency in Agency 360 and solicit agencies that are booking
more business at our comp set than out hotel and report to the DOSM
the current comp set standings, your past period results, and your
action plan to increase these results.
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers
and key strategic partners, including counterparts at competing
- Support the DOSM, Revenue Director and General Manager with any
related reporting or task needed.
- Be on property to personally perform all key Site Inspections
and for all FAMS and sales appointments.
- All Sales actions shall be followed with a recap / success /
future action report, to be submitted prior to your expense report
for that activity.
- Understand and adhere to office procedures, including data
entry accounts into OSC.
- Participate as team player with all departments.
- Participate in all Hotel management responsibilities, like MOD
Duty, LQA Assessments, etc
- Any other tasks that Hotel Management needs you to
- Use utilities and resources in a responsible manner to control
- Communicate relevant information to the department, your
manager and across departments, as appropriate.
- Comply with safe working practices, Health and Safety policy
and ensure accidents/defects are reported immediately.
- Attend learning and development courses and complete eLearning
modules, as required.
- Demonstrate and be a role model of Belmonds core values of
Care, Confidence, Curiosity and Community.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written, is
- Fluency in Leadership, Interpersonal Communication, Team
Spirit, Innovation and Creativity, Proactivity, Empathy,
Organizational, Sense of urgency, Spirit of service skills
- Fluency in resolving problems, handling conflict, and be able
to make effective decisions under pressure.
- Be willing to assist another department when requested.
- Any other request that is asked of you. It is vital that
company information remains confidential and must not be disclosed
to anyone outside the company, customers, and employees, unless
otherwise stated. Please refer to the Companys How we Work (Code of
Conduct), Employee Handbook and to your contract of employment for
full details. This job description is intended to illustrate the
main duties and responsibilities of the job. It is not to be
regarded as exhaustive. Other tasks and responsibilities of a
broadly comparable nature may be added.BenefitsEl Encanto offers a
full array of benefits, including medical, dental and vision
coverage. In addition, the company pays for basic life and AD&D
as well as short term disability. Team members can choose
additional coverage to include voluntary life/AD&D, spouse
life/AD&D, dependent life, critical care, hospital indemnity,
accident, and flexible spending.The Company offers paid time off,
sick pay, a 401(k) program with Company matching, and an employee
assistance program. Team members enjoy free cafeteria meals and
discounts on food and beverage, spa treatments, and retail boutique
items.The Discovering Belmond program offers complimentary
accommodation for team members while on leisure travel outside
their region at any Belmond hotel and resort. It also offers food
and beverage at a discounted rate. In addition to the complimentary
offerings, discounted rates are available for safaris, trains, and
Keywords: Belmond, Santa Barbara , Leisure Sales Manager, Sales , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!