Director of Sales
Company: Hyatt Santa Barbara
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: February 5, 2020
Responsible for total room, banquet, catering, and room rental
revenue, yield strategies, implementation and accountable to a
market performance and meeting budget, forecast, and optimal
business mix targets. Strategies to include market mix, pricing,
status, and direct sales. The development and solicitation of
business from all markets to ensure the necessary advance bookings
needed for a successful and profitable operation for the hotel.
- Direct the solicitation efforts of the sales staff through
effective oral and written communication while overseeing rate,
date and space commitments for group room sales within the
- Recruit, Interview, hire, train, recommend performance
evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and
recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
- Ensure training programs are conducted regularly and HEI
standards of performance are met. Give guidance and counsel staff
- Compile and/or direct the preparation of reports pertaining to
the operation of the Sales Department to include, but not limited
to the annual and monthly forecast, lead management system, group
booking pace report, star reports and sales meeting minutes.
- Coordinate ongoing research of the travel industry to detect
market trends and related information for development of new
marketing strategies. Make reasonable recommendations to improve
potential from various markets.
- Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations to
- Initiate preparation of computerized annual business plan and
execute plans as outlined, critically examining and adjusting as
deemed necessary by current market conditions.
- Organize and/or attend scheduled sales department, executive
committee, and related meetings.
- Knowledge of travel industry, current market trends and economic
- Ability to access, understand and accurately input information
using a moderately complex computer system.
- Direct and manage all group, transient, and catering/banquet
sales activities to maximize revenue for the hotel.
- Prepare, implement and compile data for the strategic sales plan,
monthly reports, annual goals, sales budget, forecasts and other
reports as directed/required.
- Develop rates, group sales and catering deployment strategies
through review of competitive data, demand analysis and mix
- Professionally represent the hotel in community and industry
organizations and events.
- Oversee departmental matters as they relate to federal, state,
and local employment and civil rights laws.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Mar Monte Hotel is your gateway to the American Riviera. Just
minutes from Santa Barbara's downtown, the hotel is located on
Cabrillo Boulevard, across from East Beach and the Pacific Ocean.
Across the road from East Beach along the Pacific Ocean, this
polished hotel with a 1930s Spanish Colonial vibe is 1 mile from
Stearns Wharf and 3 miles from the Santa Barbara Museum of Art.Our
employees enjoy two free meals a day, Hotel Discounts throughout
the World of Hyatt, various Bonus/Incentive and Recognition
Programs, plus - working alongside beautiful, ocean front views.
Apply today to join our team!
Keywords: Hyatt Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara , Director of Sales, Sales , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!