Assistant Construction Project Manager
Company: Menemsha Development
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: July 6, 2019
For over the last 25 years, our people have been the secret to our
success. Menemsha provides award-winning architecture and interior
design, facility survey and assessment, and a full array of general
contracting services. Established in 1992, we have delivered
thousands of successful projects to both private and public sector
clients throughout North America and internationally. Menemshas
reputation is built on innovation, technical excellence, and
outstanding delivery. We cater to the retail, banking, restaurant,
grocery, and convenience store industries. Some of our most recent
clients include Citibank, Bank of America, Verizon Wireless, Z
Gallerie, Lululemon, Crocs, Starbucks, McDonalds, Safeway, Wawa,
Santander Bank, CVS Pharmacy, Kellwood, Darden, T-Mobile, etc.
Together we nurture an inclusive and collaborative culture that
embraces new ideas and exciting new technologies. We empower each
other to succeed. We celebrate our successes. We stand on great
thinking, not on formality. And most importantly, we recognize each
of us has passions outside of work too. Thats why we support our
staff in all that they do. Menemsha is a great place to invest in
your talent, to learn from others, and to grow. There is something
special happening at Menemsha and we invite you to take a look for
yourself. We look forward to saying hello.Job SummaryAssistant
Project Manager is responsible for the support and oversight of
construction activities at the direction of a Senior Project or
Project Manager. Responsibilities include -but are not limited to-:
budgeting, bid solicitation, project scope identification,
procurement, equipment, execution, and closeout. Assistant Project
manager is involved in all phases of the construction project from
initial planning to completion/close-out.Essential Duties and
- Coordinate construction activities from Construction bid phase
thru construction completion.
- Perform detailed review of plans and specifications, work with
estimators and bid coordinators to manage, solicit and procure
subcontractors and subcontractor estimates for new prospective and
awarded construction projects.
- Prepare detailed scopes of work for subcontract documents;
prepare construction schedules utilizing MS Project, and prepare
weekly project reports for client distribution. Release
subcontractor agreements, as directed. Review and qualify
subcontractor change orders.
- Ensure accurate record keeping is maintained, daily written
reporting (Daily Log, Photos, RFI's, and supporting documents).
Provide timely feedback related to the schedule, areas of
improvement and identify issues in collaboration with project
manager and field superintendent.
- Consistent and frequent communication (phone, email, in-person)
with field management relative to the project status. Assists in
outlining project plans, establishing project goals, and evaluating
performance against stated goals, (schedule, budget, quality).
- Maintains relationships with internal department and with
client/owners, landlords, property management, vendors, architects,
engineers, and all other pertinent parties involved/required for
- Communicates, coordinates, site deliveries and material
receipts with field resources. Control use / cost of project
- Prepare client change orders, RFIs, submittals and associated
project documentation as directed, track responses/approvals from
client and/or architect; Responsible for project document control
- Conduct site visits, as required, to ensure quality and safety
standards are being maintained and improved.
- Attend client site meetings. Project kick-off, project
walk-thru, punch walks, etc...
- Monitor weekly safety meetings are conducted.
- Enforce safety policies.
Project Financials and Cost Accounting
- Monitor field expenses across project(s) to ensure compliance
with budgeted dollars. Identify and communicate changes effecting
scope and/or costs associated.
- WIP. Train and prepare for Monthly WIP meetings.
- Create client billings / track client billing documents.
Other Important Duties
- Attend and participate in Program / Project Meetings -
Conference calls to ensure schedule, budget, and quality
- Knowledgeable in the contractual obligations, timelines.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities* Strong technical and communication
skills (written/verbal) is critical.
* Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, Project and
* Organized, strong ability to manage multiple ongoing
* Client Service oriented.
* Ability to work well under pressure.
* A "Do whatever it takes" attitude Self-Motivated.Education &
ExperienceStrong knowledge of the construction processes and
BS OR equivalent related field experience.Physical DemandsSome
bending, stooping, grasping and prolonged sitting, prolonged length
driving/air travel, as required.Personal Protective EquipmentSafety
Vest, Hard Hat, Work BootWork EnvironmentFast paced environment.
Field/Site office. Ability to travel, as required.
Menemsha Solutions offers a comprehensive employee benefits
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- Disability Benefits
- Life Insurance
- Parental Leave
- Employee Perk Program
- Direct Deposit
Menemsha provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or
Keywords: Menemsha Development, Santa Barbara , Assistant Construction Project Manager, Professions , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!