Financial Analyst, Infrastructure
Company: Sonos Inc
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: February 9, 2019
Location: Santa Barbara
This role will be a key part of the Infrastructure Finance team as we engage Sonos General & Administrative organizations as trusted business partners and advisors. This role will be responsible for a variety of FP&A functions, including but not limited to budget management of OPEX, financial model building, the creation of monthly/quarterly reports for key stakeholders, and driving the planning and forecasting processes with business partners. This position requires strong communication with key partners, attention to detail, and a thoughtful approach to projects. We are looking for a candidate with excellent communication skills, ability to jump right in, a collaborative attitude, integrity, and an inclination to help others as well as a willingness to learn. This position will report to the Senior Finance Manager-Infrastructure FP&A.
You're not like everyone else.
You bring a unique perspective to the table. Transparency tops your list of values. Your smarts and creativity are off the charts, matched only by your humility. You want to collaborate with a team of diverse talent. You proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You're ambitious and unafraid to make mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You don't stop until you get it right. \\"Impossible\\" isn't in your vocabulary. You're more interested in creating the future than waiting for it.
You love to listen.
You start every interaction from a place of listening and seeking to understand. You're culturally connected. You remember your first concert. You can readily recommend a binge-worthy show on Netflix, Hulu or HBO. You can't sit in traffic without a great audiobook, podcast or album. You can make a killer playlist. Your idea of a good weekend includes watching a movie or playing a video game.
What You ll Do
* Be the go to person for OPEX variance versus Plan and Forecast story telling for all Infrastructure (G&A) teams.
* Create month-end reporting cadence that gives insight to not only OPEX variance across the Infrastructure teams you support, but also articulate the impact to the current quarters forecast.
* Drive planning and forecasting process with business partners; creating a calendar, user templates, manage Anaplan inputs, and create forecast to forecast reporting with explanations.
* Partner with the Accounting team to create detailed accruals for key expense items for month-end support.
* Partner with Core FP&A to create tools that allow for more accurate reporting and better insight. Assist in new system implementations.
* Focus on process improvement opportunities across all Infrastructure functions, FP&A, accounting, and other partners to improve efficiency, reporting and performance.
* Ad hoc projects supporting key business partners within Finance and the Infrastructure teams
Skills You ll Need
* Bachelor s degree in Accounting, Business or Finance required.
* Minimum of 2+ years experience in financial analysis and reporting function
* Financial experience should include full P&L familiarity and budget management
* Advanced Excel analysis skills coupled with great visuals that tell the business story
* Excellent communication skills as many of our business partners are located across the globe, attention to detail, anticipatory thinking and technical prowess
* Intense attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and deliver in a fast paced and dynamic environment with a high degree of personal accountability
* Self-starter - demonstrating high energy/creativity, relentless customer-focus, and entrepreneurial spirit
* A passion for collaborating with others to deliver the best possible outcome while balancing key constraints
* Experience in data mining across multiple large data sets with solid understanding of relational database structure
* High integrity, self-aware, humble
More About Sonos
In 2002, Sonos set out to reinvent the way people listen at home. The wireless home sound system we created makes it easier than ever to fill any and every room with music, podcasts, TV, and just about anything else you could ever want to hear-all with brilliant, immersive clarity. Since then millions of people in over 60 countries have made Sonos part of their lives.
Today we remain focused on innovation, thoughtfully designing products, inventing new technologies, expanding our software platform, crafting the best sound experience and making a positive social impact in the world.
We're empowering people to listen better because listening builds understanding and drives change. It even increases happiness and brings people together. Simply put, listening leads to a better life. (We've got the data to prove it.)
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Keywords: Sonos Inc, Santa Barbara , Financial Analyst, Infrastructure, Professions , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!