Posted on: March 10, 2023
- Fabricates/assembles basic to moderately complex components and
structures; coupled with material and varied compound
- Conducts pre and post inspection of work in progress before
performing next operation and proceeding to next Workstation to
insure all quality requirements are met.
- Interprets blueprints and other instructions and proceeds to
complete the assignments
- Communicates written and orally clearly
- Mechanical assembly including threaded fastener and adhesive
bonding using hand tools like torque wrenches, digital levels,
calipers, force gauges.
- The materials for the work will be composite panels, solar
cells, and machined parts
- Maintenance mechanicsAdditional Skills & Qualifications:
- Must be diligence in maintaining paperwork associated with
hardware assemblies so as to maintain trace-ability.
- Requires experience following procedures but also able to work
with engineers to create new processes.
- Knowledgeable with structural bonding and application of
coatings using various epoxy and silicone adhesive products.
- Working level understanding of force, torque, and precision
- Organizational ability to follow, or determine, optimum order
of assembly for complex structures and devices.
- Familiarity with electrical harness assemblies is preferred,
including ability to interpret and work to electrical assembly
schematics as well as basic electrical tests such as continuity and
- 4 years or more documented experience in technical work.
Aerospace experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equal - Junior college, trade school or
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, specification
requirements, and shop work instructions;
- General ability to use precision tools such as micrometers,
calipers, height gages and other tools related to the job
- General ability to use digital multi meters, power supplies,
and source meters
- Develops a general knowledge of material characteristics such
as stress, expansion and shrinkage
- Working ability with algebra and geometryExperience Level:Entry
Level About Actalent: Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our
scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and
results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve
more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact.
We're supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences
that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes
consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable
continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is
an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent
solutions. The company is an equal opportunity employer and will
consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color,
religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Actalent, Santa Barbara , Engineering Technician, Professions , Goleta, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...