Applications Analyst I
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: November 27, 2022
OverviewMission Support and Test Services, LLC (MSTS) manages
and operates the Nevada National Security Site (NNSS) for the U.S.
National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA). - Our MISSION is
to help ensure the security of the United States and its allies by
providing high-hazard experimentation and incident response
capabilities through operations, engineering, education, field, and
integration services and by acting as environmental stewards to the
Sites Cold War legacy. - Our VISION is to be the user site of
choice for large-scale, high-hazard, national security
experimentation, with premier facilities and capabilities below
ground, on the ground, and in the air. (See NNSS.gov for our unique
capabilities.) Our 2,750+ professional, craft, and support
employees are called upon to innovate, collaborate, and deliver on
some of the more difficult nuclear security challenges facing the
world today. - In this environment, the best ideas need to be
voiced and every opinion matters. - As such, MSTS places great
value on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and is committed to a
diverse and equitable workforce, with an inclusive culture that
values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas,
- MSTS offers our full-time employees highly competitive salaries
and benefits packages including medical, dental, and vision; both a
pension and a 401k; paid time off and 96 hours of paid holidays;
relocation (if located more than 75 miles from work location);
tuition assistance and reimbursement; and more. -
- MSTS is a limited liability company consisting of Honeywell
International Inc. (Honeywell), Jacobs Engineering Group Inc.
(Jacobs), and HII Nuclear Inc.NNSS COVID-19 attestation
is looking for an entry level Application Analyst working within
test and engineering departments needing moderate supervision and
is responsible for a variety of entry/intermediate software
engineering responsibilities, for Special Technologies Laboratory
in Santa Barbara, CA. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute
to solving unique national security problems, and supporting an
amazing team of scientists and engineers.Key Responsibilities
- Responsibility for classified and unclassified systems.
- Designs and documents software by preparing diagrams, logic
charts and internal specification documentation and/or provide
technical support for network equipment.
- Writes program code from internal specification documentation,
prepares test plans and tests data. Runs tests, observes results
and corrects program code to resolve any differences with internal
- Prepares software operating documentation and users operating
- May provide technical assistance to the User Support Training
- Identifies and resolves systems software problems and
recommends or implements solutions.
- May evaluate software for selection using vendor and MSTS user
specifications. May run tests to ensure software meets
vendor-advertised specifications, and prepare written reports on
price, performance and recommended selection.
- May design, code, test, debug, document and maintain
- May evaluate user requirements and assist in writing
- May coordinate data-related activities, including:
- Coordinating requests for access to data.
- Developing and implementing data administration standards
regarding validation, integrity, storage, and security of data;
internal object naming conventions, and data access methods.
- Consulting on DBMS issues including installation and management
of front-end tools.
- Developing strategic and functional plans for the evolution of
data and information architecture.
- Resolving issues associated with data administration.
- Developing policies and procedures for data administration.
- Bachelors degree in a computer related field or equivalent
- Awareness of technical principles, theories, standards,
practices and procedures in software development or data base
- Demonstrate good verbal and written communication and
- Restricted use of personal electronic devices in the work
- The primary work location will be at the Special Technologies
Laboratory (STL) located in Santa Barbara, CA.
- Work schedule can be negotiated with the manager, employees can
work 5-8, 9-80 or 4-10 work-weeks
- The Alternative Work Agreement (AWA) status for this position
will be Site Flexible (Part-time) which allows for some work to be
conducted remotely. -
- Personnel may be requested by leadership to work more than 40
hours per week due to projects, activities, and emergences;
critical operational demands may occasionally require off-shift
- Pre-placement physical examination, which includes a drug
screen, is required. MSTS maintains a substance abuse policy that
includes random drug testing.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.MSTS is required by DOE
directive to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background
review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law
enforcement records, and employment/education verifications.
Applicants offered employment with MSTS are also subject to a
federal background investigation to meet the requirements for
access to classified information or matter if the duties of the
position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or
illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity,
serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can
cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in
the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent
termination of employment. In addition, Applicants for employment
must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security
clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship, at least 18 years of
age. Reference DOE Order -472.2, Personnel Security. If you hold
more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country),
your ability to obtain a security clearance may be
impacted.Department of Energy Q Clearance (position will be cleared
to this level). Reviews and tests for the absence of any illegal
drug as defined in 10 CFR Part 707.4, Workplace Substance Abuse
Programs at DOE Sites, will be conducted. -Applicant selected will
be subject to a Federal background investigation, required to
participate in subsequent reinvestigations, and must meet the
eligibility requirements for access to classified matter.
Successful completion of a counterintelligence evaluation, which
may include a counterintelligence-scope polygraph examination, may
also be required. Reference 10 CFR Part 709, Counterintelligence
Evaluation Program.MSTS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran
status or other characteristics protected by law. MSTS is a
background screening, drug-free workplace. -Hourly range for this
position is $26.19 - $39.29.Starting salary is determined based on
the position market value, the individual candidate education and
experience and internal equity. -
Keywords: UNAVAILABLE, Santa Barbara , Applications Analyst I, Professions , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!