Infrastructure Analyst II
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: November 19, 2022
OverviewMission Support and Test Services, LLC (MSTS) manages
and operates the Nevada National Security Site (NNSS) for the U.S.
National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA). Our MISSION is to
help ensure the security of the United States and its allies by
providing high-hazard experimentation and incident response
capabilities through operations, engineering, education, field, and
integration services and by acting as environmental stewards to the
Site's Cold War legacy. Our VISION is to be the user site of choice
for large-scale, high-hazard, national security experimentation,
with premier facilities and capabilities below ground, on the
ground, and in the air. (See NNSS.gov for our unique capabilities.)
Our 2,750+ professional, craft, and support employees are called
upon to innovate, collaborate, and deliver on some of the more
difficult nuclear security challenges facing the world today. In
this environment, the best ideas need to be voiced and every
opinion matters. As such, MSTS places great value on Diversity,
Equity, and Inclusion and is committed to a diverse and equitable
workforce, with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the
diversity of our people, talents, ideas, and perspectives.
- MSTS offers our full-time employees highly competitive salaries
and benefits packages including medical, dental, and vision; both a
pension and a 401k; paid time off and 96 hours of paid holidays;
relocation (if located more than 75 miles from work location);
tuition assistance and reimbursement; and more.
- MSTS is a limited liability company consisting of Honeywell
International Inc. (Honeywell), Jacobs Engineering Group Inc.
(Jacobs), and HII Nuclear Inc.NNSS COVID-19 attestation
Information Technology Department is seeking a high performing
individual, Infrastructure Analyst II, to work independently from
our Santa Barbara location. This individual will provide IT support
to the STL office that includes the following:Key Responsibilities
- Monitor the performance of network systems and the telephony
infrastructure to identify any issues.
- Routinely perform analysis during normal IT Infrastructure
operation, including on networks, firewalls, servers,operating
systems, applications and devices.
- Create or implement the necessary upgrades, patches or
troubleshooting to solve IT problems, including documenting the
changes and following all change management procedures.
- Identify opportunities to use emerging technology to increase
efficiency and flexibility, which may include formulating
improvement plans and pitching them to leadership.
- Promote project and team management best practices for
- Possess in-depth understanding of industry leading
virtualization and server technologies from both a design and
- Represent MSTS IT Department in a highly competent and
- Engineer solutions in response to support requests and for
improving internal processing and procedures.
- Assist with administration services (DHCP, DNS, proxies,
ISA/TMG, SCCM etc.).
- Assist in planning, implementation, and operation of
virtualization infrastructure projects and participants in the
specification of business requirements.
- Respond to Help Desk requests to support troubleshooting of
workstation and server related problems.
- Troubleshoot software, hardware, mobile devices, and network
problems and implement corrective actions.
- Identify and report Key Performance indicators, including
- Provide support, mentoring, training and support of other IT
- Participate in problem management and root causes analysis and
maintain 24x7 availability and monitoring of enterprise system
- Perform related work as assigned by supervisor under limited
- Bachelor's degree in a computer related field or equivalent
training and experience with at least 2 years of relevant
- Basic knowledge of technical principles, Theories, standards,
practices and procedures.
- Including overall Information Technology in systems
engineering; vSphere, ESX, Hyper-V, VMware View, and related VDI
products; Data Center management; and technical implementation
experience with storage and Microsoft technologies.
- Understanding of storage technologies and concepts (e.g. RAID
types, performance) are a plus.
- Experience working with Windows, Linux, and Mac platforms
(client and server).
- Experience with virtualization and server infrastructure
technologies such as VMware vSphere, Backups, Active Directory and
Data Center Operations.
- Strong understanding of networking technologies including
TCP/IP, DHCP, VLAN, various WAN technologies.
- Restricted use of personal electronic devices while at the work
- Advanced Technical Certifications including knowledge of
Microsoft and computer platforms.
- Hands on experience with VMware vSphere and other
virtualization products, and with server applications in a
Microsoft and Linux networked environment.
- Demonstrate strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to
develop strong working relationships with customer technical
- Certifications: VMware certifications are a plus; Microsoft
MCP, MCSE, MCITP, or MCTS certification(s) is a plus; CompTIA
Network+ or higher certification is a plus; CompTIA A+ or higher
certification is aplus; and CompTIA Security or higher
certification is a plus.
- The primary work location will be at the Special Technologies
Laboratory (STL) located in Santa Barbara, CA.
- Work schedule for this position will be 4/10's, Monday -
Thursday (subject to change).
- Personnel may be requested by leadership to work more than 40
hours per week due to projects, activities, and emergences;
critical operational demands may occasionally require off-shift
- Pre-placement physical examination, which includes a drug
screen, is required. MSTS maintains a substance abuse policy that
includes random drug testing.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.MSTS is required by DOE
directive to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background
review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law
enforcement records, and employment/education verifications.
Applicants offered employment with MSTS are also subject to a
federal background investigation to meet the requirements for
access to classified information or matter if the duties of the
position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or
illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity,
serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can
cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in
the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent
termination of employment. In addition, Applicants for employment
must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security
clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship, at least 18 years of
age. Reference DOE Order 472.2, "Personnel Security". If you hold
more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country),
your ability to obtain a security clearance may be
impacted.Department of Energy Q Clearance (position will be cleared
to this level). Reviews and tests for the absence of any illegal
drug as defined in 10 CFR Part 707.4, "Workplace Substance Abuse
Programs at DOE Sites," will be conducted. Applicant selected will
be subject to a Federal background investigation, required to
participate in subsequent reinvestigations, and must meet the
eligibility requirements for access to classified matter.
Successful completion of a counterintelligence evaluation, which
may include a counterintelligence-scope polygraph examination, may
also be required. Reference 10 CFR Part 709, "Counterintelligence
Evaluation Program."MSTS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran
status or other characteristics protected by law. MSTS is a
background screening, drug-free workplace.Hourly range for this
position is $37.23 - $49.10.Starting salary is determined based on
the position market value, the individual candidate education and
experience and internal equity.
Keywords: Msts, Santa Barbara , Infrastructure Analyst II, Professions , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!