FLEET MAINTENANCE MANAGER
Company: MarBorg Industries
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: April 6, 2021
MARBORG INDUSTRIESJOB DESCRIPTION JOB TITLE: Fleet Maintenance
ManagerLOCATION: Shop/Yanonali/CaciqueFLSA EMPLOYMENT
CLASSIFICATION: ExemptPREPARED DATE:1/27/2021REPORTS TO:
PresidentDIRECT REPORTS: Mechanics, Shop Coordinator, Parts
Coordinator POSITION SUMMARY: Will lead the maintenance team's
efforts, applying techniques in best maintenance practices to
maximize equipment reliability and resource availability, through
recognized improvement and sustainability programs that include
planning and managing the maintenance activities i.e. purchase,
repair and equipment; coordinates vehicle and equipment
maintenance, service and repair needs; manages regulatory
compliance requirements; trains, develops and evaluates the
performance of assigned personnel. A TYPICAL DAY: This is not just
a job; this is a dedicated team determined to make a difference
while managing the appropriate allocation of labor to work. We
believe in making a difference every hour, every day. Our positive
energy and time are invested for the purpose of a cleaner future
for our county, next generation, and a greener environment. DUTIES
AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the
- Leads technical competence of maintenance personnel and
developing a plan that supports safety, people engagement and
developing their skillset, quality, cost, reliability of equipment
and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ensures sufficient vehicles are operational, serviced, and
ready to meet daily route requirements.
- Provides mechanical expertise to the team for troubleshooting,
maintaining and modification/additions.
- Provides direction and input into refining the preventative
maintenance, and spare parts stocking. Monitors/Controls inventory
to complete repairs promptly without delays. Weekly inventory
- Oversees the data in Fleet Maintenance Software System
(Dossier) to control costs, prioritization of work orders,
categorize repairs to enhance productivity. Constant review of
- Manages Dossier dashboard and utilize the system to its fullest
by actively reducing rework, increase warranty recapture dollars,
and support equipment life cycle. Run reports, prepare data for
presentation in graphic and summary form.
- Keeps a vigil eye for opportunities related to financial &
- In tune with mechanics & parts techs skillsets and allocate
work accordingly according to skillset. Identify unfavorable
maintenance trends as they occur. Initiate corrective actions,
utilizes benchmarking and revises procedures to improve
effectiveness and eliminate deficiencies.
- Perform work in a safe manner to protect one's self, team, and
the public from injury or harm.
- Promote safety awareness, identify potential safety hazards in
the shop and follow safety procedures and policies. Be an active
contributor in safety meetings. Take a proactive approach with
events (i.e., weather ensure that if rain is in the forecast ensure
wipers are maintained).
- Facilitate and direct training for new and experienced
mechanics to ensure safe tool use. Keep MSDS sheets up to
- Work with management to review plans for the purchase of new
equipment, ensuring current and future safety or performance
requirements and best practices.
- Assure that all safety inspections are current.
- Maintain knowledge of current industry best practices and
changes in regulations and communicate these effectively and lead
the implementation of new or altered standards.
- Collaborate with Route Supervisors in root cause analysis
investigation for consistent issues, develop preventative best
practices, process improvements and widely communicating findings
to help reduce reoccurring issues/damage.
- Review, update, and modify preventive maintenance programs to
fit current maintenance trends and analyze maintenance department
performance data to implement methods of increasing efficiency and
- Supervise maintenance team to include conducting performance
evaluations, career progression, communication, equipment training
and any disciplinary actions.
- Establish & maintain vehicle standards including reduced carbon
footprint, wastewater, etc.
- Inspect work by employees and contractors (walk around/be
visible) in progress and upon completion to ensure compliance with
standards and specifications; advise of work in progress, operating
problems and actual or potential delays.
- Produce monthly inventory reports for Accounting.
- Ensure that equipment parts, personnel, vendors are in the
- Make this a fun place to work by displaying positive leadership
behaviors to drive employee engagement, motivation, and
- Maintain a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all
- Supports the MarBorg Mission.
- Other duties as assigned. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Develop
a cohesive team, providing coaching and development on a regular
basis. Manages maintenance technician staff schedules, workload,
and performance. QUALIFICATIONS:To perform this job successfully,
an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Doing Good - (i.e., Code of Conduct).
- Making Good - (i.e., Accountability, responsibility, and
ownership for a problem).
- Treating People Well - (i.e., Works cooperatively and
effectively with others).
- Environmentally Focused (i.e., Employee takes initiative as a
LEED building initiative to preserve and improve our local
environment for future generations).
- Observant: (i.e., Employee can identify safety or operational
deficiency's and to quickly implement a correction).
- Safety Matters: Employee actively participates and promotes a
safe and healthy workplace.JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES: Project
Management, Mechanical Aptitude, Safety, Compliance,
LeadershipKNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Waste industry experience a plus.
- 10 years of increasingly responsible experience in fleet
maintenance, that includes at least five (5) years of supervisory
or management level maintenance experience.
- Adaptability to changing situations and can perform multiple
tasks with multiple priorities.
- Able to foster accountability and excellence in the team.
- Demonstrated ability to apply critical thought processes to
develop, recommend and implement strategies and programs that
address operational objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve conflict effectively.
- Proficient in making business decisions using facts and good
- Proficient in the use of Windows based computer programs
(Outlook, Excel, and Word) and a general aptitude with software
- Superior organizational and project management skills and
experience leading and managing people.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to put people at ease, builds trust, enthusiastic about
finding win-win solutions.
- Expertise in parts optimization strategies.
- Disciplined in setting and meeting goals in self-directed
- Excellent follow through and attention to detail. EDUCATION:
Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline or a minimum of ten (10)
years' experience in Fleet management, maintenance, and repair of
equipment.LANGUAGE SKILLS:Position requires excellent verbal and
writes English communication skills including ability to read,
comprehend, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals,
professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental
regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and
procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and
respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers,
and the public. Spanish communication skills. MATHEMATICAL
SKILLS:Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area,
circumference, and volume. REASONING ABILITY:Ability to solve
practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in
situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to
interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral,
diagram, or schedule form. CERTIFICATIONS: Fleet Management,
Maintenance Technology a plus. Commercial license is also a big
plus. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to
stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee frequently
is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or
balance for long periods of time on concrete floors; stoop, kneel,
crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must frequently
lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to
50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, and peripheral vision. WORK
ENVIRONMENT: We are a drug free & alcohol-free work environment.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential function. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes,
or airborne particles, and outside weather conditions. The employee
is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high,
precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and vibration. The
noise level in the work environment is usually loud and dirty.
Required to put on protective outfits, like gloves, safety
footwear, and hardhat. PI133082500
Keywords: MarBorg Industries, Santa Barbara , FLEET MAINTENANCE MANAGER, Professions , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!