Product Realization Leader
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: August 16, 2019
We are looking for a seasoned Senior operations leader who can
bring transformational leadership capability and focus to our
product realization activities. This is a high visibility function
at Sonos that will focus on developing capabilities to create
amazing, uniquely differentiated acoustic hardware products - as
well as the high performance operations teams needed to deliver
them to the world. This role will lead a product operations team
working in parallel with the development team to turn ideas into
products. This position will also plays a key role in developing,
influencing and aligning our longer-term manufacturing, sourcing,
and technology strategies across the operations and product
development organizations.* Lead a cross-functional team of project
managers and individual contributors within the product operations
team, including program sourcing, product and process engineering,
supply base engineering, quality, and factory program management,
through the process of realizing physical product from exploration
to mass production. This is a role of influential leadership, not
- Tightly integrate the work between operations and product
development and keep the teams aligned at all times.
- Work closely with the Product Introduction Manager to plan and
drive all program builds at the sub and final assembly level,
develop and manage the operations budget, and communicate with all
- Work with the operations team and other groups to ensure there
is proper communication of the state of the program, program
issues, risks, and mitigation plans.
- Motivate, energize, and lead the product operations team with
optimism while instilling a quality mindset around every detail of
every part of the product.
- Embrace the role as the operations program leader that everyone
looks to as the point of accountability for the overall delivery of
the product with the quality, cost, and scale expected.
- Be the focal point for identifying gaps in organizational
capability and driving systemic change to improve the overall
effectiveness of the product development engine at Sonos.
- Develop and manage the overall operations schedule for all the
- Develop and manage the operations budget for all the NPI
- Manage the product COGM using Monte carlo simulation and report
out to the broader team.
- Manage all the operations lesson learn for all the NPI product*
Experience designing, building and leading high performance teams
within fast growing, highly innovative and progressive
- Proven track record coaching and developing people and teams -
especially in globally diverse, face-paced, dynamic, and demanding
- Broad leadership experience bringing complex, game-changing
products to high-volume manufacturing. Technical background with
progressive leadership roles in manufacturing operations, new
product introduction/development, and/or strategic sourcing is
- Broad, strategic, and creative thinker with a track record of
progressive thought leadership.
- Strong collaboration skills - ability to effectively influence
others in multiple groups and collaborate cross-functionally to
achieve specific goals.
- Engineering degree with graduate degree in engineering or
business is desired.
Keywords: Sonos, Santa Barbara , Product Realization Leader, Other , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!