Hardware Verification Lead
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: July 11, 2019
Do you love solving challenging problems and delivering
high-quality products? Do you detest planned obsolescence of modern
consumer goods and want to work on products designed to last for a
long time. Do you like to manage projects with lots of
inter-dependencies and uncertainties. Then you might be the person
we are looking for.
The Product Integrity Engineering team is responsible for HW
verification during new product development. We are looking for a
HW Verification lead, who will be accountable for ensuring
comprehensive HW validation of a new smart audio products from
concept creation all the way to mass production readiness. With
deep and wide HW development understanding, you will ensure that
the final product design meets and exceeds the quality bar our
customers have come to expect.
Every product we design, every interaction we shape, every decision
we make is driven by quality and customer experience. In this role,
you can impact both of these areas. You have an eye and an ear for
details, are excited about innovative product engineering, are
curious about why things work (or dont), have an analytical mind
coupled with a practical approach, excel on efficient project
management and commit to mak products just right for the end user.
You understand the technologies, capabilities and potential
performance limitations of the HW you help develop and make sure it
is verified without compromises before release to production. You
keep development team honest on current status and issues at hand
during each phase of development process.
You will collaborate with a team of industry-leading innovators
across different HW engineering disciplines developing next
generation smart audio devices. You will also partner with other
functions to support development efforts.
Your impact in this role will ensure high HW quality of new
products, yielding high user satisfaction for years to come.* As a
technical lead for HW verification, you will provide enthusiastic
and inspirational technical leadership to the product development
- In this role, you will be responsible for managing the HW
verification for a new product through the entire HW development
process in close collaboration with other technical teams.
- Early in the process, you will analyze program HW NUDs (New,
Unique, Difficult), identify and understand gaps in existing test
- Youll support the creation of product specific requirements and
develop the verification strategy for your assigned product.
Together with other product development leads you create the test
plan inventory, build a test schedule around the HW prototype build
plan and synchronize it with other development teams.
- You make sure product testing is executed as planned through
prototype builds while tracking and managing the HW bug backlog.
You make sure no shortcuts are taken regarding HW quality and drive
data based process to fix all found HW issues.
- You effectively communicate HW test results & status within
product program ensuring HW related risks are well managed. You
also keep management up-to-date on risks and mitigation
- You work diligently collaborating with our team and growing
product HW maturity to mass production readiness.
- When product is ready for mass production, you will ensure
smooth transition of responsibilities to the Sustaining Engineering
- You provide guidance and mentorship to other team members. You
resolve conflicts with influential leadership.* Experience creating
innovative mass volume consumer products of high HW
- Experience communicating (written and verbally) and
collaborating in a multi-disciplinary environment
- 8+ years experience in product hardware development with a
BSEE, BSME or equivalent experience.
- Working knowledge of computing systems including analog/digital
electronics. Design or test experience on transducers, audio
amplifier hardware, acoustics, wireless communication technologies,
AC and DC power supplies, ethernet and signal integrity
measurements is a strong plus.
- Hands-on experience in Python, Java or C/C++ or shell scripting
in a Linux environment
- Ability to think strategically, execute methodically, and act
decisively with high attention to detail. Experience with data
driven decision making while avoiding paralysis by
- Experience dealing with ambiguity and actively seeking clarity
to avoid misunderstandings
- Experience being persistent, resilient and convincing when
defining, implementing and executing test strategies and plans
under a tight deadline through accountability and personal
- Authorization to work in the USA. Able to travel within the US
Nice to have:
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Experience in audio, smart home or mobile products
- Background on transducers, audio amplifier hardware, acoustics,
sound engineering or wireless communication technologies. Hands-on
EE design experience.
- Expertise creating scripts using languages like Perl and/or
- Experience collaborating with external ODM/JDM/CM partners from
- Experience integrating multiple sub-systems (including
- Expertise troubleshooting and debugging wireless and networking
- Knowledge of quality tools and statistical methods.
Keywords: Sonos, Santa Barbara , Hardware Verification Lead, Other , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!