BNS Buyer - SBO
Company: Bruker Corporation
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: May 19, 2019
As one of the world's leading analytical instrumentation companies,
Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields
of research and development. All our systems and instruments are
designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market
and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life.
We've been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 50
years now. Today, worldwide more than 6,000 employees are working
on this permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES: The Buyer is responsible for
performing purchasing/planning functions. The main objective is to
ensure purchased material is on-time with the right quantity to
meet demand, quality requirements at the lowest possible price.
- Responsible for the activities related to the timely, cost
effective procurement of materials, parts, components, equipment
goods and services.
- Manages day-to-day placement of purchase orders and ensures
delivery of goods and services are in accordance with needs.
- Manages day-to-day business activates with suppliers.
- Responsible to follow and support purchase demand contracts and
- Will support strategic programs for sourcing, cost reduction
and supplier auditing.
- Coordinates purchasing activities with engineering and
manufacture departments to ensure that materials in the supply
chain are available as scheduled and inventory are maintained at
minimum acceptable levels.
- Monitors and reports out on department KPI's.
- Involved in the purchase/price negations of material suppliers,
equipment and services. Solicits bids, analyzes quotes, and
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data
requires evaluation of identifiable factors like end of life
product, sole source constraint, geographic conditions and supplier
- Demonstrates good judgement in selection methods and techniques
for obtaining solutions. Normally receives little instruction on
day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
- Administers and complies with all Environmental, Health and
Safety policy, procedures as set forth by Federal, State and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must be familiar with an ERP/MRP system
- Must be a self-starter, exercise good judgment, have good
decision-making, and communication skills.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced progressive manufacturing
- Low cost country outsourcing and currency management experience
is a plus.
- Working knowledge and experience in pull systems, Kanban and
JIT replenishment strategies.
- Technical buying experience is a must. EDUCATIONAL/EXPERIENCE
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's degree preferred but not required
(preferably in Supply Chain Management, Business, or Engineering)
with a minimum 2 years progressive experience in the field of
procurement (preference: purchasing of mechanical, electronic
components and assemblies) Bruker Corporation offers a
comprehensive and competitive benefits package including medical,
dental, 401(k), paid vacation, holidays, and tuition assistance (as
applicable). Bruker is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate
qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected
characteristics.Certain positions at Bruker require compliance with
export control laws and as a result, all interviewed candidates for
all positions will be screened pre-interview to determine their
eligibility in light of export control restrictions.
Keywords: Bruker Corporation, Santa Barbara , BNS Buyer - SBO, Other , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!