BNS Buyer - SBO
Company: Bruker Corporation
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: December 3, 2018
As one of the world's leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields of research and development. All our systems and instruments are designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life. We've been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 50 years now. Today, worldwide more than 6,000 employees are working on this permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all continents.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Buyer is responsible for performing purchasing/planning functions. The main objective is to ensure purchased material is on-time with the right quantity to meet demand, quality requirements at the lowest possible price.
- Responsible for the activities related to the timely, cost effective procurement of materials, parts, components, equipment goods and services.
- Manages day-to-day placement of purchase orders and ensures delivery of goods and services are in accordance with needs.
- Manages day-to-day business activates with suppliers.
- Responsible to follow and support purchase demand contracts and negotiated prices.
- Will support strategic programs for sourcing, cost reduction and supplier auditing.
- Coordinates purchasing activities with engineering and manufacture departments to ensure that materials in the supply chain are available as scheduled and inventory are maintained at minimum acceptable levels.
- Monitors and reports out on department KPI's.
- Involved in the purchase/price negations of material suppliers, equipment and services. Solicits bids, analyzes quotes, and selects/recommends suppliers.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors like end of life product, sole source constraint, geographic conditions and supplier consolidation.
- Demonstrates good judgement in selection methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
- Administers and complies with all Environmental, Health and Safety policy, procedures as set forth by Federal, State and company directives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Must be familiar with an ERP/MRP system
Must be a self-starter, exercise good judgment, have good decision-making, and communication skills.
The ability to work in a fast-paced progressive manufacturing environment.
Low cost country outsourcing and currency management experience is a plus.
Working knowledge and experience in pull systems, Kanban and JIT replenishment strategies.
Technical buying experience is a must.
Bachelor's degree preferred but not required (preferably in Supply Chain Management, Business, or Engineering) with a minimum 2 years progressive experience in the field of procurement (preference: purchasing of mechanical, electronic components and assemblies)
Bruker Corporation offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, holidays, and tuition assistance (as applicable).
Bruker is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Certain positions at Bruker require compliance with export control laws and as a result, all interviewed candidates for all positions will be screened pre-interview to determine their eligibility in light of export control restrictions.
Keywords: Bruker Corporation, Santa Barbara , BNS Buyer - SBO, Other , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!