Company: MarBorg Industries
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: May 26, 2023
JOB TITLE: Dispatcher Roll OffLOCATION: Santa BarbaraREPORTS TO:
Hauling Operations ManagerPOSITION SUMMARY: Dispatcher is
responsible for the coordination and utilization of drivers,
trucks, and containers to create capacity, maximize productivity
and ensure prompt, courteous and efficient service to all
customers. Dispatcher is primary contact and support for driver
team, in addition, responsible for communicating with drivers to
assist with problem resolution while on route and is a critical
role in achieving total customer satisfaction. The dynamic
individual will be highly organized and confident in their ability
to develop driver and customer relationships to successfully manage
expectations through timely, effective, and clear communication in
a professional manner. Pay Range: $22.00 - $27.00 per hour, plus
benefits (Health, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off and 401k)We set our
pay based on several factors including knowledge, experience,
education, training, certifications and location. Our competitive
benefit package and the rewarding work we do for the planet
combined make MarBorg a great place to work. The real advantage to
working at MarBorg is your contribution will result in a positive
impact for our community, and our environment. DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following:
- Dispatches as needed to respond to incoming service order and
service issues. Work with Roll-off drivers directly in relaying
dispatched orders, new assignment or in receiving in-field issues.
Utilizing GPS systems to locate drivers in the field.
- Ensure maximum productivity by successfully routing vehicles,
assigning loads to drivers based on designated route/area, driver
location and equipment (RO/Storage boxes)
- Fields high volume of incoming calls, emails, and texts
quickly, effectively, and professionally to ensure work orders are
created/assigned in the most efficient manner to meet or exceed
- Interacts with customers, customer service department and
- Prepare, update, and assign work orders to tablets and ensure
all work orders are completed daily.
- Will perform ride-along with drivers periodically to confirm
job site, logistical and equipment challenges voiced by drivers and
then develop/implement a solution with proven driver
- Report driver performance issues or concerns to appropriate
management for resolution.
- Collect and review all route paperwork to ensure timely,
complete, and accurate completion along with Landfill and Transfer
Station weight tickets along with customer required documents.
- Ordering/Reporting driver supplies, equipment needs.
- Assist with month end billing process.
- Assist drivers with 12-hr log and route paperwork issues.
- Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS:To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to effectively communicate to all levels of management
and customers both verbally and written to meet and exceed customer
- Attention to detail in data entry, order taking, and general
- Work efficiently and effectively, both independently and as a
team to meet MarBorg's customer service standards.
- Strong ability to multi-task in fast paced environment with
constant priority changes based on customer and operational
- Ability to react well under pressure.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely
- Responsible, enthusiastic, initiative-taker who exhibits a high
level of sense of urgency, pro activeness and positive can-do
attitude. Must exhibit a strong work ethic and reliability as a
collaborator that is supportive to drivers, co-workers, and
- Knowledgeable with electronic devices (tablets/smartphones) to
assist drivers with technical issues.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Outlook, Excel, and Word with
ability to navigate multiple software applications while assisting
drivers and customers.
- Bilingual English and Spanish skills, both written and verbal
are preferred. EDUCATION: High School diploma or general education
degree (GED); and two years of related customer service experience
- Doing Good - (i.e., Code of Conduct).
- Making Good - (i.e., Accountability, responsibility, and
ownership for a problem).
- Treating People Well - (i.e., Works cooperatively and
effectively with others).
- Environmentally Focused (i.e., Employee takes initiative as a
LEED building initiative to preserve and improve our local
environment for future generations).
- Observant: (i.e., Employee can identify safety or operational
deficiency's and to quickly implement a correction).
- Safety Matters: Employee actively participates and promotes a
safe and healthy workplace.NEAT JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
Attention to Detail, Interpersonal Skills, Problem Solving,
Self-Starter.LANGUAGE SKILLS:Position requires excellent verbal and
written English skills including ability to read, comprehend,
analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional
journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure
manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the
general public. Spanish speaking preferred. MATHEMATICAL
SKILLS:Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area,
circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic
algebra and geometry. REASONING ABILITY:Ability to solve practical
problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in
situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to
interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral,
diagram, or schedule form. CERTIFICATIONS: Scale certification will
be provided to ensure weight tickets are entered/collected at the
end of each work shift. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:The physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or
hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision. WORK ENVIRONMENT:We are a drug free and alcohol-free work
environment. The work environment characteristics described here
are representative of those an employee encounters while performing
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential function. While performing the duties of this job the
employee is primarily in an office environment, occasional field
environments that may require some travel from site to site and is
frequently exposed to dust, grease, fumes, or airborne particles
and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally
exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places;
extreme cold; extreme heat; and risk of electrical shock. The noise
level in the work environment is usually moderate. Required to put
on protective outfits such as gloves, safety eyeglasses, safety
footwear, coverall, and hardhat. PI217214111
Keywords: MarBorg Industries, Santa Barbara , Dispatcher, Other , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...