Fleet Mechanic III
Company: MarBorg Industries
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: May 21, 2023
Job title: Fleet Mechanic IIILocation: Santa BarbaraDepartment:
ShopReports To: Fleet Maintenance Manager FLSA Status:
Non-exemptPrepared Date: March 04, 2021 SUMMARY- JOB DESCRIPTIONThe
Fleet Mechanic III, under minimal to no supervision, performs
complex repairs requiring advanced mechanical knowledge and skill,
to include the ability to diagnose, think critically and work
systematically on a wide variety of heavy-duty trucks and
equipment. This position requires the ability to work across all
major systems: Engine, drive-train, brakes, suspension, steering,
electrical, hydraulic, air systems and computer diagnosis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited
to the following.
- Performs complex preventive maintenance tasks and repairs on
heavy duty trucks that require mechanical knowledge and skill
including repairs on major systems and its components.
- Performs inspections, diagnostics and repairs of electrical,
hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on heavy duty trucks
and equipment under minimal to no supervision.
- Investigates malfunctions and breakdowns.
- Rebuilds and installs diesel, gasoline and compressed natural
gas engines by disassembling, inspecting, measuring and evaluating
internal and external engine parts, obtaining new parts,
reassembling and installing engines, and testing equipment in
accordance with technical requirements.
- Identifies and determines parts required for repairs of
- Road test fleet when necessary to diagnose malfunctions or to
ensure that they are working properly.
- Responds to any type of service call and performs field
- Reviews and completes the Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports
- Performs all work within a reasonable time.
- Communicates repair status with management.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles.
- Utilizes fleet maintenance software program to document and
track repair orders and any related information such as parts
usage, time allocation, and status updates.
- Provides technical knowledge training to all other
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate
/ OSHA Standards and performs all work in accordance with
established safety procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned and upon the discretion of
the Fleet Maintenance Manager and/or Shop Coordinator. SUPERVISORY
RESPONSIBILITIES This job has no direct supervisory
responsibilities. The role invests time in coaching and mentoring.
Contributes to knowledge sharing in area of technical
- Doing Good: Maintains and promotes integrity and values in
conduct of all activities.
- Making Good: Takes responsibility and ownership for a problem,
project, or issue.
- Treating Our People Well: Proactively seeks and finds ways to
provide extraordinary service. Fosters respect for all individuals
and points of view. Works cooperatively and effectively with others
to achieve common goals characterized by pride, trust, and
- Observant: Ability to identify safety or operational
deficiencies and to quickly implement a correction.
- Safety Matters: Actively participates in creating a safe and
healthy workplace for our employees and our customers.
- Environmentally Focused: Takes initiative to preserve and
improve our local environment for future generations. Makes
everyday Earth Day.JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:Diagnostic, Critical
Thinking, Resourcefulness, Problem Solving, Dependability,
Troubleshooting, Teamwork, Developing Talent QUALIFICATIONS To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Highly proficient in troubleshooting and computer
- Ability to read, understand and interpret schematics.
- Must be able to diagnose, repair and work on most if not all
facets of heavy-duty trucks and equipment.
- Must have tools to perform the maintenance and repair
- Knowledge and ability to use hand and power tools
- Familiarity in using a computer is necessary, as all mechanics
must utilize fleet maintenance software programs.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment and have
good decision-making ability.
- Must possess a valid driver's license, commercial license is
- Certified Tire Industry Association (TIA), is a plus.EDUCATION
- High School Diploma or GED required. Preferred ASE
Certifications and/or other Trade School
- At least eight (8) years of advanced level mechanic experience
maintaining, repairing and rebuilding heavy duty trucks and
- Experience and ability to be certified for fall
- Experience and ability to be certified as an operator of a boom
lift, scissor lift and forklift. LANGUAGE SKILLSAbility to read and
comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively
present information in one-on-one and small group situations to
customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLSAbility to add, subtract, multiply, and divide
in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and
decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw
and interpret bar graphs. Must have some computer literacy and the
ability and willingness to learn vehicle maintenance repair code
terminology.REASONING ABILITYAbility to apply common sense
understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral,
or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several
concrete variables in standardized situations. CERTICATES, LICENSE,
- Valid Class C Driver's License
- Commercial Driver's License Class A or B is a plus PHYSICAL
DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.Primary functions require sufficient physical
ability and mobility to work in a mechanic shop environment; While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
required to stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach
with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk
for long periods of time on concrete floors; stoop, sit, kneel,
crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally
required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift
and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision, depth perception,
and ability to adjust focus.WORK ENVIRONMENT We are a drug free &
alcohol-free work environment. The work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of
this job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical
parts and outside weather conditions. Work is performed primarily
in a shop environment, occasional field environments that may
require some travel from site to site and is frequently exposed to
dust, grease, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic
chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid
conditions; high, precarious places; extreme cold; extreme heat;
and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work
environment is usually loud. PI215496104
Keywords: MarBorg Industries, Santa Barbara , Fleet Mechanic III, Other , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...