Systems Engineer - Infrastructure
Posted on: May 20, 2023
Genesis10 is currently seeking a Sr. Systems Engineer with our
client in their Carpinteria, CA location. This is a 12 month +
contractand a hybrid remote position.
- Our client is the world's largest professional network, built
to help members of all backgrounds and experiences achieve more in
- Our vision is to create economic opportunities for every member
of the global workforce.
- Every day our members use our products to make connections,
find opportunities, build skills, and gain insights.
- We believe amazing things happen when we work together in an
environment where everyone feels a true sense of belonging, and
that what matters most in a candidate is having the skills needed
- It inspires us to invest in our talent and support career
- Join us to challenge yourself with work that matters.
- We trust each other to do our best work where it works best for
us and our teams.
- This role offers a hybrid work option, meaning you can both
work from home and commute to a client office, depending on what's
best for you and when it is important for your team to be
- The senior enterprise engineer will work as a part of the
storage team taking over requests and solving issues which are
handed off from level 1 support as well as working on new
- The engineer will be part of a global on-call rotation which
uses the follow-the-sun model.
- The engineer will be responsible for providing storage-related
fixes, escalations if required, and communication back to level 1
- Troubleshooting storage systems.
- Participating in on-call rotation.
- Participating in storage deployments on-premises and in the
- Maintaining & monitoring of storage and related
- Proactive and reactive systems maintenance.
- Peer reviews for planned changes (change management).
- Contribute to & improve documentation and runbooks.
- Backup / restore operations.
- 5+ years of overall engineering experience.
- 3+ years in infrastructure engineering (computer, network,
- 1+ years Microsoft Azure IaaS.
- 2+ years in MacOS and LinuxOS.
- Only candidates available and ready to work directly as
Genesis10 employees will be considered for this position.
- Experience in administrating Enterprise storage
- Knowledge of network technologies.
- Experience with storage designs & deployments.
- Experience with hypervisors Hyper-V and/or ESXi.
- Experience in storage capacity planning and
- Basic scripting skills in Python or PowerShell.
- Experience in incident handing & change management.
- Experience with storage system performance analysis
troubleshooting & resolution of complex problems.
- Experience with backup/restore and archiving of data in a large
- Analytical thinking and solution-oriented working.
- Enterprise infrastructure.
- Azure IaaS.
- Client OS (Win/Linux/Mac).
- Analytical skills.
Pay rate range: $60.00 - $80.00 hourly.
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this
exciting opportunity, please apply!
Ranked a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S. by Staffing Industry
Analysts for six consecutive years, Genesis10 puts thousands of
consultants and employees to work across the United States every
year in contract, contract-for-hire, and permanent placement roles.
With more than 300 active clients, Genesis10 provides access to
many of the Fortune 100 firms and a variety of mid-market
organizations across the full spectrum of industry verticals.
Benefits of Working with Genesis10:
- Access to hundreds of clients, most who have been working with
Genesis10 for 5-20+ years.
- The opportunity to have a career-home in Genesis10; many of our
consultants have been working exclusively with Genesis10 for
- Access to an experienced, caring recruiting team (more than 7
years of experience, on average.)
- Behavioral Health Platform
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Health Savings Account
- Voluntary Hospital Indemnity (Critical Illness &
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
- Sick Pay (for applicable states/municipalities)
- Commuter Benefits (Dallas, NYC, SF)
- Remote opportunities available
For multiple years running, Genesis10 has been recognized as a Top
Staffing Firm in the U.S., as a Best Company for Work-Life Balance,
as a Best Company for Career Growth, for Diversity, and for
Leadership, amongst others. To learn more and to view all our
available career opportunities, please visit us at our website.
Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates will receive
consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Genesis10, Santa Barbara , Systems Engineer - Infrastructure, Other , Carpinteria, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...