Company: MarBorg Industries
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: May 20, 2023
Job title: Parts CoordinatorPOSITION SUMMARYThe Parts
Coordinator will be responsible in maintaining parts stock, issuing
parts and supplies and/or purchasing assigned or designated parts
and services from approved vendors and maintains accurate inventory
records. This position also corresponds with vendors and internal
customers via phone and email. May also back-up the Automotive
Service Advisor as needed.Salary Range $20.00 to $24.00 per hour +
benefits.We set our pay based on several factors including
knowledge, experience, education, training, certifications and
location. Our competitive benefit package and the rewarding work we
do for the planet combined make MarBorg a great place to work. The
real advantage to working at MarBorg is your contribution will
result in a positive impact for our community, and our
environmentESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are
not limited to the following.
- Responsible for managing all parts, including pricing,
ordering, and ensuring delivery to Shop.
- Responsible for purchasing supplies.
- Responsible for receiving, stocking, and issuing parts using
the Dossier system.
- Responsible for following up on returns and credit.
- Work with vendors on rejected material and/or
- Ensure the Company has necessary parts on-hand.
- Monitor reorder levels and replenish inventory in order to
maintain proper inventory levels.
- Performs periodic cycle counts and physical inventory.
- Stocks shelves and maintains a clean and organized parts
- Order special (non-stock) parts for repair orders, following
order policies and procedures.
- Ensure accuracy and reliability of data entered into
- Manage and update the parts/service manuals located on the
- Provides project updates and interfaces directly with both
internal departments and external vendors.
- Provide customer service internally to shop and other
- Organization of incoming data for all fleet repairs using the
Fleet Management System.
- Maintain accurate & current records for all fleet repair work
orders into Fleet Management System.
- Works with Shop team to plan, coordinate, and assign the repair
and maintenance of the company's fleet.
- Prepare and process vehicle repair reports using the Fleet
- Establish and maintain effective working relationship with
employees and outside suppliers.
- Work together with Shop personnel to gather the information
required to enter into the Fleet Management System.
- Follow-up with Accounts Payable and/or Vendors to retain copies
of invoices required to complete and close work orders.
- Maintain the filing for all Vehicle Condition Reports per
Department of Transportation compliance.
- Perform general office duties such as filing office documents,
answering telephones, responding to a variety of routine and
- Other duties as assigned.CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Doing Good: Maintains and promotes integrity and values in
conduct of all activities.
- Making Good: Takes responsibility and ownership for a problem,
project, or issue.
- Treating Our People Well: Proactively seeks and finds ways to
provide extraordinary service. Fosters respect for all individuals
and points of view. Works cooperatively and effectively with others
to achieve common goals characterized by pride, trust, and
- Observant: Ability to identify safety or operational
deficiencies and to quickly implement a correction.
- Safety Matters: Actively participates in creating a safe and
healthy workplace for our employees and our customers.
- Environmentally Focused: Takes initiative to preserve and
improve our local environment for future generations. Makes
everyday Earth Day.JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:Attention to Detail,
Time Management, Communication and AdaptabilityQUALIFICATIONSTo
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Two years of experience in clerical and parts procurement and
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up practices.
- Acute attention to detail/Data entry accuracy
- Ability to work independently and within a team in a
fast-paced, high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and
- Team player, willingness to learn and assist in various areas
of Shop Department.
- Excel & Computer based maintenance tracking systems
- Valid Class C Driver's License with acceptable driving
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.EDUCATION and/or
EXPERIENCEHigh school diploma. Minimum of 2 year of inventory and
parts administration/clerical function experience.
- Minimum of two (2) year of experience of ordering, receiving,
stocking, and issuing parts.
- Must have experience in using a Fleet maintenance management
system, or computerized inventory control system.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, and 10-Key by
- Knowledge of office equipment operation and PC Skills LANGUAGE
SKILLSAbility to speak, read and write English. Ability to
comprehend simple instructions, write short correspondence, and
memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to
effectively present information in one-on-one and small group
situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the
organization. Bilingual a plus.CERTIFICATES, LICENSE,
REGISTRATIONValid Class C licensePHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and
mobility to work in a mechanic shop environment; While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to
stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands
and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk for long
periods of time on concrete floors and constantly sit while working
on computer. This position is subject to repetitive lifting,
pulling, pushing, carrying, bending, stooping, twisting, kneeling,
crouching, talking, or hearing. The employee is occasionally
required to climb and balance. The employee must regularly lift
and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision, depth perception, and
ability to adjust focus.WORK ENVIRONMENT We are a drug free &
alcohol-free work environment. The work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of
this job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical
parts and outside weather conditions. Work is performed primarily
in a shop environment, occasional field environments that may
require some travel from site to site and is frequently exposed to
dust, grease, fumes, or airborne particles and toxic or caustic
chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid
conditions; high, precarious places; extreme cold; extreme heat;
and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work
environment is usually loud and dirty. Required to put on
protective outfits such as gloves, safety eyeglasses, safety
footwear, coverall, and hardhat.This is an hourly full-time
position working on site. PI215707182
Keywords: MarBorg Industries, Santa Barbara , Parts Coordinator, Other , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...