SPS - Lead Systems Engineer (Onsite) *$50k Min Sign On Bonus*
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Date Posted:2022-10-17-07:00Country:United States of
AmericaLocation:CA601: Goleta (EW) Bldg H01 6380 Hollister Avenue
Building H01, Goleta, CA, 93117 USAPosition Role
Type:Unspecified**Min $50k sign on bonus for external hires
only**Raytheon Intelligence and Space has an immediate opening for
a Lead Systems Engineer. - The selected candidate will be given
opportunities to engage in a variety of cutting edge and innovative
technology development.Responsibilities:New Business /
- Participates in the development of cost and technical volumes
for new business/proposals.
- Participates in the development of the cost and technical
- Responsible for all SE BOEs supporting the scope of the
- Responsible for participating in initial IPDS tailoring.
- Responsible for developing the systems artifacts in support of
the technical baseline development.
- Responsible for working with the PCE to roll up engineering
bids into one Integrated Engineering bid and obtain approval by the
- Works with Business Development and Capture Management to
provide input into technical solutions and approaches, lead
technical proposals, trade alternative system solutions, and help
customers develop requirements.
- Coordinates customer requirements and capture strategy with
System Architects, Operations Analysts, and Secure Systems leads.
Engages the right SE leads for each of these functions in order to
deliver necessary TBL artifacts during capture.
- Supports the CE in establishing the system technical
performance budget (KPP, TPM).
- Participates in the development of strategies enabling
program/business to pursue and capture growth opportunities.Program
- Responsible for the systems engineering processes being in
place and followed.
- Establishes SE program organization, schedule (IMS) and
milestones alongside the PCE and PM.
- Responsible for tailoring of Systems engineering processes
commensurate with cost/schedule and program needs.
- Determines, sets, & monitors SE technical priorities to meet
cost, schedule, and performance.
- Responsible for development and adherence to the SEMP and
tailored IPDS plan.
- Leads multi-disciplined systems engineering team to ensure the
overall system design and architecture is balanced to meet the
required performance within the project constraints (cost and
- Responsible for the technical fidelity and quality of the
systems engineering work products and associated analyses that
document the technical baseline.
- Responsible for the integration, validation, and verification
strategy of the system.
- Coordinates with IPTs and CPTs to resolve technical systems
- Approves SE engineering work products and applicable
- Supports the IPT Lead(s) in managing cost and schedule for the
SE activities as defined in the program planning.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining the system
requirements including requirement decomposition and traceability,
design and performance trades and analysis, and system requirements
verification and validation through system sell-off.Required
- Typically a minimum of 10 years related system engineering
experience including prior leadership experience.
- Typically a minimum of 8 years in RF development/research and
production for defense applications.
- Excellent Knowledge of RF/Microwave principles and system and
subsystem-level analysis methodologies.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with ability to present
data and explain results to subcontractor, senior level executives
- Familiarity of the following RF/Microwave concepts &
terminology to develop innovative solutions to meet the
- Prior leadership experience with cross product teams to resolve
challenging technical problems in a complex multiple stakeholder
- Must Have Active (or active within past 24 months) DoD Secret
- Occasional business travel is required.
- U.S. Person is required as this position will require the
ability to access US only data systems.
- This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S.
Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export
- Experience in new business development for advanced technology,
including direct customer interface and a familiarity with the DoD
Science and Technology community.
- Proposal management, from initial pursuit and capture planning
to proposal delivery.
- Knowledge of open systems architectures and digital
- Able to develop near- and long-term IRAD to align with strategy
and technology roadmaps.
- Deep understanding of the underlying phenomenology of RF
Hardware and Digital Signal Processing.Education:
- Typically a Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology,
Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline.Desired Education
- Master's / Ph.D. degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or
Mathematics (STEM) discipline.#OwnTheSpectrumRelocation assistance
available provided final candidate meets eligibility
requirementsEmployee Referral Award Eligibility: Only employees
currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a
Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles.
- ALL eligibility requirements must be met to receive the Referral
Awarding.The salary range for this role is 112,000 USD - 236,000
USD; however, Raytheon Technologies considers several factors when
extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and
associated responsibilities, a candidate's work experience,
education/training, and key skills.Raytheon Technologies is An
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other
read the Policy and Terms
Keywords: Prattwhitney, Santa Barbara , SPS - Lead Systems Engineer (Onsite) *$50k Min Sign On Bonus*, Other , Goleta, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...