Lidar Architect / Technologist
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Continental Automotive is one of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world and a leader in automated driving. Through our pioneering technologies and services, we're changing the future of mobility to make it more safe, smart, and sustainable. Our Carpinteria, CA location is seeking a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented architect/technologist to join our Concepts team and drive our next-generation product technologies.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
* Evaluate and benchmark existing and emerging technologies for use in automotive LiDAR applications
* Propose, analyze, and simulate LIDAR architectures and principles.
* Work cross-domain to establish concept studies to validate novel LiDAR technologies.
* Support benchmarking and lab characterization of LiDAR concept sensors.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
* Immediate Benefits
* Paid Time Off
* Tuition & Employee Discounts
* Annual Bonus
* Employer 401(k) Match
* And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or related discipline.
* Understanding of key challenges in sensor design
* Familiarity with the functions of electrical and optical components
* Strong mathematical and analytical skills
* Good communication skills and success in a team-oriented environment.
* Experience with optical and/or electrical lab setups and tools
Starting Compensation: 90,610 - 175,550 USD
* Automotive experience
* Experience with Lasers and optical receivers
* Experience with optical systems and circuit design
* Basic understanding of IC design
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2020, Continental generated sales of 37.7 billion and currently employs around 233,000 people in 58 countries and markets. In 2021, the company celebrates its 150th anniversary.
The Autonomous Mobility and Safety business area develops, produces and integrates active and passive safety technologies and controls vehicle dynamics. The product portfolio ranges from electronic and hydraulic brake and chassis control systems to sensors, advanced driver assistance systems, airbag electronics and sensors, electronic air suspension systems and cleaning systems for windscreens and headlights. Autonomous Mobility and Safety has a high level of systems expertise in the interconnectivity of individual components. As a result, products and system functions are created along the "SensePlanAct" chain of effects. These make driving safer and easier and pave the way for autonomous mobility.
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Keywords: Continental, Santa Barbara , Lidar Architect / Technologist, Other , Santa Barbara, California
here to apply!