Retail Sales Associate - Paseo Nuevo
Company: The Gap
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: January 27, 2023
About Gap Gap has always been about optimistic American style.
Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San
Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The
thread that's run through those five decades is the phenomenal
people that make up our brand - our employees and our customers.
People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but
who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the
world better than they found it. We've built our brand on staying
true to our roots while always being out in front of what's next.
If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead
the way for where we're headed, we'd love to have you join us.
About the Role In this role, you will engage and connect with our
customers by providing excellent customer service. You will be an
expert in product and use this expertise to educate, inform,
inspire and outfit the customer. You will offer information to the
customer on current merchandise assortment, store promotions and
events, and execute operational processes effectively and
efficiently. Your goal is to bring our brand to life for our
customers while building brand loyalty and delivering with
productivity. What You'll Do * All associates are expected to
become experts of the brand's selling behaviors, leveraging these
behaviors with every customer who walks through our doors and
allowing us to provide a premium customer experience.
* Acknowledge and assist customers; locate merchandise efficiently
using various methods; answer questions quickly and accurately
* Offer style and outfit suggestions to the customer, utilizing
mannequins and displays for inspiration
* Promote loyalty by educating customers about our loyalty
* Leverage omni channel offerings to deliver a frictionless
* Support sales floor, fitting room, check out, and back of house
processes, as required
* Courteous and responsive to internal/external request
* Exchange and verifies job related information to provide support
Who You Are * Good communicator with the ability to utilize
technology effectively and engage with customers and your team to
* Problem solver with a focus on continuous improvement, who is
always learning, open to feedback and takes action as required
* Able to handle customer interactions and potential
issues/concerns courteously and professionally
* Use basic information-gathering skills to solve problems
* Ability to learn procedural knowledge acquired through on-
the-job training Benefits at Gap * Merchandise discount for our
brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana
Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
* One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the
* Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to
volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
* Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up
to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
* Employee stock purchase plan.*
* Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
* See more of the benefits we offer.
* For eligible employees Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer
and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and
discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training
and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all
employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We
have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to
equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive
environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the
Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the
fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019
Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row. US
CandidatesPlease note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will
no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or
require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or
state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine
guidelines"after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID.
Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that
refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as
said policy is no longer effective.
Keywords: The Gap, Santa Barbara , Retail Sales Associate - Paseo Nuevo, Other , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!