Company: Community Solutions Inc
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Community Solutions Inc. has received an increase in their
funding contract and is now looking for a dedicated and passionate
individual to join our team in Santa Barbara as an Intervention
Specialist. In this role you will help facilitate positive change
in client behavior through the facilitation of evidence based group
sessions based on assessments made through the use of motivational
enhancement strategies. Scheduledhours: Full Time variable hours
dependent upon court and scheduled group sessions. Community
Solutions Inc. (CSI) is a nonprofit organization that promotes the
responsible citizenship, accountability, and well-being of
individuals and families involved, or at risk of involvement, in
the child welfare, juvenile justice, or criminal justice system.
Since CSIs founding in 1962, it has been a pioneer in the
community-based service. We have been deliveringsupervision,
treatment, and comprehensiveindividualized services to help clients
interact more effectively in their communities and become
productive citizens. Using this plan we built the first ever
halfway house in New England which has now been replicated and
grown to almost 50 programs in 9 states. For over 50 years, CSI has
been building upon its successful foundations and has been
expanding its services to serve thousands of adults, youth, and
families each year. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS includes but is not limited
- Actively participate in Service Team Meetings by presenting new
- Responsible for entering all new referrals to interventions
they facilitate immediately following the Service Team Meeting
- Prepare, plan and facilitate individual and group sessions with
integrity and fidelity to curriculum/manual as scheduled.
- Document the group and individual sessions
- Assist in the development and implementation of Individual
- Must meet or exceed goals established by the funding source for
completion rates of each intervention facilitated.
- Contribute towards meeting all benchmarks
- Maintain client files and ensure compliance with Agency policy
regarding confidential information.
- This confidentiality must be maintained even if you are no
longer an employee of CSI.
- Submit pre-trial progress reports to Supervisor
- Submit Monthly progress reports for probation to
- Serve as a role model to clients and staff by modeling
- Record all group and individual sessions with clients and
follow procedure to upload these recordings for quality assurance
- Actively participate in quality assurance review session and
apply new strategies and techniques presented.
- Register for and attend all required trainings and refreshers
including but not limited to MI and group facilitation.
- Participate in the administration and collection of WAI
- Secure urines from same sex clients and complete all required
paper work and electronic documentation
- Monitor case load to ensure all urines and breathalyses
required are randomly requested and are secured.
- Complete incident reports as needed and submit to PD prior to
- Communicate client non-compliance to the referral source
- Document communication in CSI data collection system.
- May be required to perform tasks carried out by the Case Manger
- Provide coverage of front desk duties as
- Bachelors degree in a social science field plus one (1) year
experience in social services.
- Education may be substituted with experience on a year for year
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills desired.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- COVID19 vaccination or a negative test prior to start.
BENEFITS: CSI offers great benefits which include:
- Two (2) weeks vacation accrued within the first year, bumped to
three (3) weeks accrual after 1 year of service.
- Sick time (7 days accrual basis), floating holiday time (4
- Medical and Dental plans.
- Voluntary plan options for: Vision, FSA, voluntary STD,
Accident, Hospital, Life insurance and AD&D.
- 401(k) Retirement savings plan with automatic enrollment and a
company match of 100% up to 4% of your contribution.
- Tuition reimbursement after 1 year service.
- Ongoing training. CSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
M/F/Disability/Vet. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Community Solutions Inc, Santa Barbara , Intervention Specialist, Other , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!