Produce - Clerk
Company: Bristol Farms
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Who Is Bristol Farms?
Since opening our first market in Rolling Hills, CA, Bristol Farms
has brought people together around a love for cooking and sharing
delicious food. We have worked to create a community of curious
foodies - people who enjoyed exploring the aisles and discovering
new and exciting ingredients. We know that in order to achieve this
goal, we must provide the freshest, highest-quality, locally
sourced meat, seafood and produce, compliment it with an awesome
array of groceries in each aisle and create an extraordinary
experience for each and every guest.
To create that experience, we rely on our amazing team members and
leaders to provide extraordinary service; to create a fun,
interactive and engaging environment where we invite the guest to
participate in the experience.
We seek out team members who not only enjoy food but are passionate
about it. Team Members who thrive in a fast-paced environment and
can still maintain a calm demeanor, who have a positive attitude
and work well in a team environment. People who are warm, outgoing,
authentically amazing and want to be inspired, challenged and proud
of where they work. We look for team members who can connect with
people and reach a level of hospitality that exceeds guests'
Ingredients You'll Bring to the Table
You love food and have the ability to create an experience that is
beyond the everyday. You have a positive attitude and work well in
a team environment. You can connect with people and reach a level
of hospitality that exceeds guests' expectation. You are warm,
outgoing, authentically amazing and want to be inspired, challenged
and proud of where you work, You embody a spirit of
entrepreneurship and mutual respect. You approach every situation
with a YES! attitude and seek to find a solution to all
opportunities that arise.
What Will Be On Your Plate?
Job Title: Produce Clerk
Reports To: Produce Manager
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This is a customer service driven position. The Produce Clerk must
have the willingness, necessary confidence, commitment, and
motivation to serve customers and Bristol Farms Lazy Acres. He or
she also is responsible for stocking and maintaining the produce
department by performing the duties listed below: (other duties may
- Stocks shelves in the produce department
- Washes, cuts, peels, wraps, and prepares fruit for
- At times may bag or wrap purchases for customers.
- Stamps, marks, or tags price on merchandise.
- Sets up displays and stocks shelves, coolers, counter, bins,
tables, or containers, with new merchandise
- Answers customer questions and meets the needs of the customer
at all times by providing information about various types of
produce. Also provides information about cooking produce items
- Ability to know the various types of produce, where they come
from, how they grow, how they are prepared, and their life
- Ability to understand and use scales.
- Builds business by maintaining excellent customer service and
creating repeat business.
- Serves customers with a smile and willing attitude.
- Assures high sales through establishing relationships with
customers to ensure repeat business.
- Follows safety work standards and reports any safety hazards to
supervisors and/or Store Director.
- Follows company handbook at all times, especially on service
standards and appearance.
- At all times, meets and exceeds Bristol Farms standards in
food, service, quality, and cleanliness.
Customer Service Skills (15 Second Service policy)
All Produce Clerks are required to acknowledge and/or greet
customers within the first 15 seconds of the customer's arrival.
Customers are to be greeted and/or acknowledged while waiting at a
counter, or as they are passed on the sales floor. The "Seven
Points to Extraordinary Service" are to be fully executed by
Produce Clerks at all times.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three to
six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos. Ability to write routine simple
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, percentages, and volume.
Ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Knowledge Of English
This is a customer service driven position. The candidate must have
the ability to speak, read and understand English.
While performing the duties of this job, the Clerk is regularly
required to stand; walk; use hands; talk to hear; and taste or
smell. He or she frequently is required to reach with hands and
arms. The individual is occasionally required to stoop, kneel,
crouch, or crawl and frequently lift and /or move up to 50 pounds
and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision,
peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Why You'll Love Working at Bristol Farms:
- Amazing earning potential, paid weekly!
- A values-based culture that will engage and empower your growth
- A strong training program that will build your restaurant and
guest service skills
- Opportunity for growth within our family of brands
- Benefits available - Including medical, dental, vision, and
- Numerous scholarship opportunities available to full & part
time team members
- 20% discount at all Bristol Farms and Lazy Acres locations
- $60 credit to Shoes for Crews every 6 months of employment
#TAL1 Associated topics: cleaning, dishwasher steward,
housekeeping, lavavajillas, lavaplatos, limpieza de cocina, plates,
sanitation, stewarding, wash
Keywords: Bristol Farms, Santa Barbara , Produce - Clerk, Other , Goleta, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!