Baker/Pastry - Kitchen
Company: Hotel Californian
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Hotel Californian fosters a creative, entrepreneurial, and
energetic work environment. We value passionate people who love to
be challenged and desire the freedom to contribute to the overall
success of the hotel. We strive to create a workplace culture that
values family, work-life balance, and community. We help develop
our teams and provide support for them to grow their careers with
our organization. Our Talent is proud to work here.
JOB SUMMARY: The Baker/ Pastry cook is responsible for the pastry
team in the coordination of all desserts and bakery items prepared.
To assist in the preparation of bread, rolls, breakfast pastries,
and other baked goods for the hotel's guests, outlets and banquet
functions. To uphold and assure compliance with all company and
departmental policies and procedures. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the preparation and baking of dough, cookies,
muffins, dough, sponges, custards, meringues, mousse, icing, and
other pastries. Store and handle all baked goods.
- Safely and appropriately use baking and measuring
tools/equipment/appliances to prepare baked foods.
- Follow and ensure compliance with food safety handling policies
and procedures, including personal hygiene procedures.
- Assist with the setup of banquet functions, outlet orders, and
- Monitor and maintain sanitation and safety standards.
- Maintains dessert station mise en place according to Chef
- Prepares all recipes with minimal to no supervision as required
for daily service.
- Assist Pastry Chef, Banquet Chef and Restaurant Chef in
- Plates desserts to order according to service standards.
- Responsible for completing "Production Sheet" indicating items
produced throughout shift.
- Inform the Executive Chef of any supplies that need to be
- Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food
cost. SKILLS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- Advanced knowledge of pastry functions such as standard mixing
procedures, baking time and temperatures, ice creams and sorbets,
sanitation and proper handling of mise en place.
- Basic knowledge of chocolate work including tempering, making
and handling chocolate garnishes, proper emulsifications, and
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of three years' experience as a pastry cook in a
luxury hotel or fine dining environment is highly preferred.
- Culinary degree or equivalent preferred.
- Abide by availability schedule and be flexible in work habits
- Ability to read recipes and follow instructions.
- Demonstrates adequate pastry skills and operations.
Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable
accommodation and without posing a direct threat to the safety or
health of employee or others. To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Note: The responsibilities associated with this job could change
from time to time in accordance with Hotel Californian's business
needs. As a team player, I may be required to perform additional
and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
Foley Entertainment Group, LLC. is an equal employment/affirmative
action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the
employment process because of a disability, please send an e-mail
to ...@vegasgoldenknights.com to let us know the nature of your
request. This employer participates in E-Verify
EOE/AA/Disabled/Vets Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. The contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. Associated topics:
culinary, executive kitchen, kitchen, lead, pastry chef, restaurant
chef, service manager, sous, sushi, tavern
Keywords: Hotel Californian, Santa Barbara , Baker/Pastry - Kitchen, Other , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!