Company: Sprouts Farmers Market
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Overview of ResponsibilitiesAs a Cashier at Sprouts Farmers
Market, you are the face of the company while you process each
customers order quickly, accurately, and efficiently while ensuring
complete customer satisfaction through prompt and friendly service.
As a Cashier, Sprouts Farmers Market looks to you to accurately
handle customer cash, credit/debit payments, and change, and assist
customers by providing information and resolving their complaints.
Following all front end procedures, assisting with stocking
shelves, facing and dusting as needed are all a part of the day for
a Sprouts Farmers Market Cashier. A Cashier maintains knowledge of
weekly ad items, gives customers direction of product location
throughout the store, is familiar with events and seminars going on
or coming up, and maintains excellent communication with front end
manager and Head Cashier at all times. A Cashier is expected to
ensure that checkout areas are properly maintained in a clean and
orderly condition at all times, and execute all other related
duties as assigned.#li-dniQualificationsTo be a Cashier at Sprouts
Farmers Market you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or
equivalent, and 1-2 years of recent cashiering experience.
- Have and show an outgoing and friendly behavior, a positive
attitude and the ability to interact with our customers.
- Ability to operate front end equipment; register, calculator,
- Be dependable and reliable having the ability to work a
flexible schedule that changes as the business changes; including
nights, weekends and holidays.
- Have good communication skills; the ability to take
direction/constructive criticism and participate in a team
- Be able to perform repetitious activities, and have the ability
to multi-task, prioritize and stay organized.
- Must lift/carry product horizontally/vertically weighing up to
30 lbs., from 36 to 24, for a distance up to 3 feet for up to 50
hours without mechanical assistance.
- Must use both hands to move grocery carts horizontally
requiring a force up to 35 lbs., for a distance up to 4 feet for up
to 50 hours.
- Requires strong attention to detail and proficiency with
numbers; proficient in cash handling and mathematical skills;
ability to read, write and count.BenefitsIn addition to a rewarding
career, Sprouts offers a comprehensive program to help support you
and your family. These programs include:
- Competitive pay
- Sick time plan that you can use to support you or your immediate
- Opportunities for career growth
- 15% discount for you and one other family member in your
household on all purchases made at Sprouts
- Flexible schedules
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Eligibility requirements may apply for the following benefits:
- 401(K) Retirement savings plan with a generous company match
- Affordable benefit coverage, including medical, dental vision
- Paid parental leave for both mothers and fathers
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare and dependent
- Company paid life insurance and short-term disability coverageWhy
SproutsGrow with us!If you have a passion for inspiring people and
a flair for fresh food, consider applying for a job at Sprouts!
With a focus on customer service, our neighborhood grocery stores
offer high-quality, farm fresh produce, natural meats, plenty of
scoop-your-own bulk goods and much more in a fun, friendly,
old-fashioned farmers market setting. - Come grow your career in
healthy living with a fast-paced, rapidly growing company and teams
that pride themselves on empowering others along their
- 18 years or older
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
Keywords: Sprouts Farmers Market, Santa Barbara , Cashier, Other , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!