Supervisor - Food & Beverage - Goat Tree
Company: Hotel Californian
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Hotel Californian fosters a creative, entrepreneurial, and
energetic work environment. We value passionate people who love to
be challenged and desire the freedom to contribute to the overall
success of the hotel. We strive to create a workplace culture that
values family, work-life balance, and community. We help develop
our teams and provide support for them to grow their careers with
our organization. Our Talent is proud to work here.
JOB SUMMARY: The Food & Beverage Supervisor is responsible for
supervising the service and delivery of menu items in the cafe
ensuring a high level of quality and consistency. Ensures adherence
to federal, state and local regulations concerning health safety or
other compliance requirements. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Train and schedule employees to ensure proper coverage.
- Monitor performance and recommend corrective action. Alert
management of potentially serious issues.
- Respond in a prompt and professional manner to guest requests
and complaints. Make appropriate service recovery gestures
according to established guidelines to ensure total guest
- Oversee cash handling and check/credit policies and
- Assists in all cash handling functions including POS system,
registers and daily reports.
- Overseeing events, large parties, private dining and IRD.
- Completing table side visits ensuring complete guest
- Opening/Closing restaurant sending daily shift report to
- Inspect restaurant daily to ensure high quality food and food
presentation and cleanliness.
- Conduct pre-shift meetings to inform staff of daily events.
Review daily specials.
- Ensure side work duties are complete and tables are set before,
during and after operating hours.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily
communication and coordination with other departments.
- May routinely greet guests, serve food and beverage, and take
reservations and maintain reservations book if applicable.
- Perform other duties as assigned. SKILLS AND EDUCATION
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- High school diploma or equivalent. Some college or supervisory
- One year food service experience in a full-service restaurant
or similar setting.
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time
when interacting with customers and employees
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when
completing paperwork, scheduling, and giving and receiving
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, cash handling, are
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and
training abilities are used often.
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or
valid health/food handler card as required by local or state
- Preferably bartender and wine service experience
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable
accommodation and without posing a direct threat to the safety or
health of employee or others. To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Note: The responsibilities associated with this job could change
from time to time in accordance with Hotel Californian's business
needs. As a team player, I may be required to perform additional
and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
Foley Entertainment Group, LLC. is an equal employment/affirmative
action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the
employment process because of a disability, please send an e-mail
to ...@vegasgoldenknights.com to let us know the nature of your
request. This employer participates in E-Verify
EOE/AA/Disabled/Vets Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. The contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Keywords: Hotel Californian, Santa Barbara , Supervisor - Food & Beverage - Goat Tree, Other , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!