Mobile App Architect
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: November 22, 2022
At Sonos we want to create the ultimate listening experience for
our customers and know that it starts by listening to each other.
As part of the Sonos team, you'll collaborate with people of all
styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while
fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered
to do the best work of their lives.
This role can be done from home
Building the world's leading sound experience starts with the
experience we provide for our people. That's why we've been
distributed from the start: initially between offices in Boston &
Santa Barbara, and now with additional offices in Seattle, San
Francisco & Paris. This role can be done from anywhere in the
United States or Canada - any of our offices, or remotely from
home. It's about impact, not location.
As a Mobile Application Architect, you will be responsible for the
software that our customers interact with every day. You will
create experiences that allow users to configure their systems and
control the content that they listen to. You will work on our iOS
and Android apps, influencing technical design across multiple
multidisciplinary, agile teams. You will help nurture best
practices of mobile application development at Sonos. You will
contribute the client perspective to the evolution of the Sonos
If you love music, solving ambitious software problems, and doing
things the right way every time, we'd like to talk to you!
What You'll Do
* Collaborate with software engineers, PM, QA and UX to design and
deliver unique, innovative new features that delight our
* Create technical designs for and implement component libraries
used in the Sonos iOS and Android apps.
* Bring structure to designs that cut across multiple modules and
* Implement proof of concepts and provide engineering estimates for
the long-term roadmap.
* Participate in the team process, using Agile methodologies to
adapt and continuously improve.
* Mentor developers across Software in best practices for mobile
* Maintain relationships across organizational boundaries to
* Lead technical documentation efforts across teams.
What You'll Need
* You have deep experience programming in two or more of: Swift,
Kotlin, Objective-C, and Java.
* You have contributed to an app that is available in the Apple App
Store or Google Play Store.
* You have a proven track record of mentoring and helping other
engineers grow their skills.
* You have experience designing and implementing APIs, modules, or
libraries used by other developers.
* You are skilled at investigating issues and solving problems.
* You are experienced with performance tuning mobile
* You have experience with common source code control systems (e.g.
* Your written and verbal communication skills are strong.
* You have a degree in Computer Science or a related discipline OR
* You may have experience with C++, Flutter, or Web
* You may have exposure to Cloud Service, Windows, macOS, or
* You may be knowledgeable in asynchronous development, networking,
We consider a wide range of factors when determining compensation,
which may cause compensation to vary depending on your skills,
experience and qualifications. This job is also eligible for
discretionary bonuses as well as an opportunity to become a Sonos
shareholder because all full time employees are eligible for stock
grants. The minimum base pay may be modified in the future based on
changing market conditions. The starting minimum base pay for this
We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including open time
off, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), and other benefits
subject to eligibility requirements.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation
until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount
and availability of any bonus, benefits, or any other form of
compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular
employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until
paid and may be modified at the Company's sole discretion,
consistent with the law.
Your profile will be reviewed and you'll hear from us once we have
an update. At Sonos we take the time to hire right and appreciate
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity
employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its
supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is
committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations
to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable
accommodation because of a disability for any part of the
employment process, please send an e-mail to
email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request
and your contact information.
Keywords: Sonos, Santa Barbara , Mobile App Architect, Other , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!