Host/Greeter - Blackbird
Company: Hotel Californian
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Hotel Californian fosters a creative, entrepreneurial, and
energetic work environment. We value passionate people who love to
be challenged and desire the freedom to contribute to the overall
success of the hotel. We strive to create a workplace culture that
values family, work-life balance, and community. We help develop
our teams and provide support for them to grow their careers with
our organization. Our Talent is proud to work here.
JOB SUMMARY: The Blackbird Host is responsible for courteously
greeting and escorting guests to tables and assist in seating,
ensuring restaurant's standards of service. Assists in preparing
the restaurant for service and maintaining the cleanliness of the
room. Assists in monitoring the guests' needs and all phases of the
operation. Provide efficient friendly customer service always and
to all guests. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet guests when entering the restaurant with superior
- Answer phone and record reservations for large parties.
- Able to make recommendations for guests to other local
restaurants and activities.
- Thank every guest upon departure, invite them to return, and
wish them a fond farewell.
- Ensure each guest is greeted and that all food and beverage
operations are running smoothly.
- Clean and clear service areas.
- Oversee all aspects of restaurant during absence of Manager
- Be familiar with operation of P.O.S. system and manual system
- Ensure work area is clean and clear of standing water, debris
or any objects that can obstruct the job duties from being
performed safely, efficiently and effectively.
- Perform other duties as required. SKILLS AND EDUCATION
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Prior host experience preferred.
- Must be able to multi task.
- Must be able to stand and walk for an extended period or for an
- Must be able to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place
objects weighing up to 10lbs without assistance.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule that may include
evenings, nights, and weekends.
- Minimum of 21 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Previous experience in similar position in hospitality
- Knowledge of local activities and attractions appropriate for
restaurant clientele. QUALIFICATION:
Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable
accommodation and without posing a direct threat to the safety or
health of employee or others. To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Note: The responsibilities associated with this job could change
from time to time in accordance with Hotel Californian's business
needs. As a team player, I may be required to perform additional
and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
Foley Entertainment Group, LLC. is an equal employment/affirmative
action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the
employment process because of a disability, please send an e-mail
to ...@vegasgoldenknights.com to let us know the nature of your
request. This employer participates in E-Verify
EOE/AA/Disabled/Vets Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. The contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. Associated topics:
anfitri--nes, auxiliar de comedor, camarera, camarero, dining room
attendant, mesero, server, server camarero, steward, wait
Keywords: Hotel Californian, Santa Barbara , Host/Greeter - Blackbird, Other , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!