Operations - Mgmt/Admin - Chalk Artist
Company: Lazy Acres
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Who Is Lazy Acres Natural Market?
At Lazy Acres Natural Market, we believe in a natural approach to
optimal health and wellness. From organic and seasonal produce and
products steeped in tradition, to functional supplements and body
care, we are here to support you in mind, body and soul.
Our friendly, informative, and passionate team members remain
committed to providing exceptional service and wellness tips with
our community; and accommodating the needs of our guests. We
continue to live by the closely held belief that our collective
actions can and will contribute to a healthier planet.
We're committed to creating an environment that will attract the
most passionate and enthusiastic people in our field. We're always
on the lookout for people inspired by health, wellness, and eating
clean and strive for excellent customer service. Our Leadership is
dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment,
offering opportunities for professional growth, education, and
Ingredients You'll Bring to the Table
You love food and have the ability to create an experience that is
beyond the everyday. You have a positive attitude and work well in
a team environment. You can connect with people and reach a level
of hospitality that exceeds guests' expectation. You are warm,
outgoing, authentically amazing and want to be inspired, challenged
and proud of where you work, You embody a spirit of
entrepreneurship and mutual respect. You approach every situation
with a YES! attitude and seek to find a solution to all
opportunities that arise.
What Will Be On Your Plate?
Job Title: Chalk Artist
Reports To: Store Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Design and create chalkboard signs for promotions, store
literature, signage, hand drawn flyers, and shelf signs. Work
together with Store Operations Management and assure that all
objectives and goals of the department and store are met or
exceeded, as communicated by the Advertisement and Merchandising
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves customers with a smile and willing attitude. Follow all
company guidelines for meeting customer needs.
- Maintain and produce signage for all departments, adhering to
- Maintain visual quality and consistency for all
- Perform daily store walks in all departments to check quality
and appearance of signs. Replace as needed.
- Illustrate chalkboards for display in departments.
- Maintain inventory of necessary supplies and equipment.
- Use courteous and proper etiquette when answering the phones
- Maintain working knowledge and application of all merchandising
expectations within the department.
- Follows safety work standards and reports any safety hazards to
supervisors and/or Store Director.
- Maintains a clean & safe work area at all times. Keeps aisles
free of cardboard and overstock merchandise.
- Follows the employee handbook at all times, especially on
service standards and appearance.
- Previous experience as a sign maker or assistant sign maker, or
- Strong hand lettering, illustration, and graphic design
- Good problem-solving skills, and ability to prioritize and
multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Superior spelling skills and ability to perform simple math
operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable
manner to fellow co-workers, customers, and vendors.
- Ability to complete all tasks in a thorough and timely
- Working understanding of and compliance with all company
quality goals, and thorough product knowledge.
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability in recognizing
and accomplishing all tasks where there is a direct job
- Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
required to stand and walk for extended periods of time . Bend and
stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and
waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat . The employee
must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally
lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Repetitive use of hands for
grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Why You'll Love Working at Lazy Acres Natural Market
- Amazing earning potential, paid weekly!
- A values-based culture that will engage and empower your growth
- A strong training program that will build your restaurant and
guest service skills
- Opportunity for growth within our family of brands
- Benefits available - Including medical, dental, vision, and
- Numerous scholarship opportunities available to full & part
time team members
- 20% discount at all Bristol Farms and Lazy Acres locations
- $60 credit to Shoes for Crews every 6 months of employment
#TAL2 Associated topics: art director, director, editor in chief,
executive, film, floor manager, head writer, principal editor,
Keywords: Lazy Acres, Santa Barbara , Operations - Mgmt/Admin - Chalk Artist, Other , Goleta, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!