Child and Family Specialist, Santa Barbara
Company: CASA PACIFICA CENTERS FOR CHILDREN FAMILY
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: September 20, 2022
SB Location - Santa Barbara, CA
4 Year Degree
Up to 50%
Nonprofit - Social Services
Under the direction of the Clinical Supervisor and Program Manager,
functions as a member of an assigned service team and provides
direct services to children and families identified in
individualized service plans.
Expected to carry out the mission of Casa Pacifica as it relates to
individualized interventions as needed at a child's home, school,
or other community setting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in the ongoing development and evaluation of the Plan
of Care, Safety and Crisis Plan as well as the overall Wraparound
- Engages with assigned families, in accordance with
individualized service plans, in providing concrete services to
assist the child and family with their tasks of daily living.
Concrete services include but are not limited to: educational
support, transportation, parenting assistance, home management
assistance, recreational activities, behavior management, and
development of resources and natural supports in the
- As directed by the Child and Family Team (CFT) for each family,
provide advocacy and support to individual client and the family as
a whole to help meet the goals identified in the Plan of Care.
Promote child and family/professional partnerships and family
- Assist in providing crisis management to families and children
when plans disrupt and on-site consultation to others involved in
- Participate in 24-hour on-call system including rotating
- Submit required progress notes (Mental Health and Non-Mental
Health notes) in a timely basis.
- Carry a caseload of approximately 4-5 families. Remain current
and accurate with billing and meet target goals.
- Submit required forms and reports in a timely basis.
- Consistently attend all team meetings, child and family
meetings, and face-to-face meetings and any other meetings as
- Attend Case Review on time and arrived prepared to discuss
critical issues in families engaged in the process. Additionally,
participates in individual clinical supervision minimally twice a
- Establish and maintain collaborative and effective working
relationships with both internal staff throughout all levels of the
agency and with external resources.
- Participate in training activities as directed.
- Assist in monitoring and ensuring effective linkages with
community and agency service providers.
- Serve as a role model and advocate for children and families
involved in the wraparound process.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule as necessary to provide
support for youth and families at varying times, days, and places,
including early mornings and late evenings.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Please note: will not be offered as a remote work style
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's
degree, plus one to two years' experience working with special
needs children and their families; or have an AA plus four years of
experience providing direct services to children preferably with
special need and their families. Bilingual competency is a
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Requires skills in engaging and working
directly with the clients and also with parents as partners. Must
be able to work successfully with families from diverse ethnic and
cultural groups. Bilingual in Spanish, preferred.
- Analytical and Critical Thinking
- Ethics and Integrity
- Initiative and Productivity
- Judgement and Problem Solving
- Teamwork and Relationships
Casa Pacifica offers:
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive benefits package, including 401k with up to 5%
fully vested employer matching contributions made after first year
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance options
- Flexible spending and dependent care programs
- Excellent training opportunities
- Education/tuition assistance programs
- Discount gym and wellness options
- Group Discount Pet Insurance
- Aflac Critical Illness, Accidental & Dental supplemental plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Confidential Crisis Line 24/7 (365 days a year)
- 4 face to face or telephonic sessions per issue
- Stress, Anxiety, Depression
- Life transitions
- Grief and Loss
- Conflict Resolution
- Substance Abuse
- Work-Life Counseling
- Free Legal and Financial consultations
- Identity Theft Recovery Services
Casa Pacifica restores hope, enhances resilience, and strengthens
community connections for children, young adults, and families.
We are a diverse and inclusive team providing excellent services to
all our communities. Our team members are empowered to share their
identities, ideas, and perspectives. A culture built on diversity,
equity and inclusivity is essential to creating a safe and healing
environment at Casa Pacifica.
Casa Pacifica is proud to be an equal employment opportunity
employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under
state, local, and federal law.
Keywords: CASA PACIFICA CENTERS FOR CHILDREN FAMILY, Santa Barbara , Child and Family Specialist, Santa Barbara, Other , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!