Company: CMC Rescue Inc
Posted on: August 4, 2022
CMC is a 100% employee-owned life safety manufacturing company
that has been located in Goleta, California for 43 years. We
manufacture a wide variety of products and offer training and
education, which enable professionals in the rope rescue, rope
access, and work at height industries to do their jobs with greater
safety and efficiency. Our company is consistently driven by its
passion in our mission - We Help Save Lives , and it shows in the
quality and output of the individuals we surround ourselves with
every day. SUMMARY: Under the general direction of the VP of
Operations, the Operations Project Specialist assures the effective
project management of the Operational elements of product
introductions and lifecycles. Collaborates with Engineering,
Marketing and Product Management to achieve timely and
cost-effective project outcomes designed to meet customer needs
while optimizing the utilization of company resources.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for Operations on New
Product Introduction teams.
- Working in concert with Product Management, R&D,
Manufacturing Engineering, and Marketing, project manages
Operations' tasks to ensure appropriate resources, materials,
equipment and processes are in place for prototype builds and the
production pilot/ramp up.
- Project manage design, material or sourcing changes for
products already in production or at end of life to ensure seamless
- Evaluate and minimize excess and obsolete finished goods and
raw materials resulting from product design changes or end of
- Project manage development and production of custom
- Support product development to achieve cost targets through
aggregation of component landed cost data.
- Work in partnership with Product Management, Engineering, and
the Planner/Scheduler to develop capacity ramp plans that account
for product mix and all aspects of component and finished good
manufacture at suppliers and CMC.
- Oversee development and testing of bulk packaging to ensure it
meets CMC specifications
- Collaborate with Marketing, Engineering, and print suppliers to
develop and launch finished good packaging.
- Coordinate with Engineering, Quality, and suppliers to ensure
Golden Samples and First Off Production samples are obtained and
fully compliant to specifications.
- Assist Engineering and Quality to deploy inspection and testing
processes at CMC and/or production suppliers.
- Conduct pre-production audits to review product data and
specifications in CMC ERP system for completeness and
- Provide detailed reporting and timely status updates of all
- Project manage other operations focused projects as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional projects for multiple
departments and/or companies worldwide.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills are required, with the
ability to interact and work effectively across all levels of the
- Strategic thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Team player with a service mentality who maintains a high level
of energy and enthusiasm.
- Hands-on, action oriented, problem solver with an exceptional
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage
multiple activities simultaneously.
- Hands on new product introduction experience, preferably in a
high mix/low volume business.
- Experience supporting ISO-9001:2015 (or equivalent) is a
- Familiarity with international regulatory requirements (i.e.
NFPA, U/L, ANSI, CE, etc.) for global fire, rope rescue, rope
access, and other work at height markets is a plus.
- Experience with Epicor (or similar ERP system) and a detailed
understanding of how ERP systems manage demand aggregation, supply
generation and distribution.
- Hands on experience and/or certification in Six Sigma, Kaizen,
Lean, cGMP or other operations methodology is a plus.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education and Experience)
- Bachelor's degree in technical field is preferred
- Project Management Professional certification is preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years' project management experience, with
preference given for experience introducing new product into
production both at suppliers and within an in-house factory
- Certification in Six Sigma, Kaizen, Lean, cGMP desired
- Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Working
conditions are in a normal office environment. While performing the
duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; sit
and stand; using the hands to handle, finger, or feel objects,
tools, or controls. Occasionally, the employee must crouch or
kneel. The employee must occasionally exert or lift up to 20
pounds. Successful performance requires good eyesight with or
without corrective lens. Requires long periods working at a
computer. DISCLAIMER The above information on this description has
been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work
performed by employees within this classification. It is not
designed to contain or be interpreted as comprehensive inventory of
all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of
employees assigned to this job.
Keywords: CMC Rescue Inc, Santa Barbara , Project Specialist, Other , Goleta, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!