Food Service - Cook
Company: Bristol Farms
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: August 3, 2022
Who Is Bristol Farms?
Since opening our first market in Rolling Hills, CA, Bristol Farms
has brought people together around a love for cooking and sharing
delicious food. We have worked to create a community of curious
foodies - people who enjoyed exploring the aisles and discovering
new and exciting ingredients. We know that in order to achieve this
goal, we must provide the freshest, highest-quality, locally
sourced meat, seafood and produce, compliment it with an awesome
array of groceries in each aisle and create an extraordinary
experience for each and every guest.
To create that experience, we rely on our amazing team members and
leaders to provide extraordinary service; to create a fun,
interactive and engaging environment where we invite the guest to
participate in the experience.
We seek out team members who not only enjoy food but are passionate
about it. Team Members who thrive in a fast-paced environment and
can still maintain a calm demeanor, who have a positive attitude
and work well in a team environment. People who are warm, outgoing,
authentically amazing and want to be inspired, challenged and proud
of where they work. We look for team members who can connect with
people and reach a level of hospitality that exceeds guests'
Ingredients You'll Bring to the Table
You love food and have the ability to create an experience that is
beyond the everyday. You have a positive attitude and work well in
a team environment. You can connect with people and reach a level
of hospitality that exceeds guests' expectation. You are warm,
outgoing, authentically amazing and want to be inspired, challenged
and proud of where you work, You embody a spirit of
entrepreneurship and mutual respect. You approach every situation
with a YES! attitude and seek to find a solution to all
opportunities that arise.
What Will Be On Your Plate?
Bristol Farms / Lazy Acres Natural Market
Job Title: Food Service Cook
Department: Food Service
Reports To: Food Service Manager
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
The Food Service Cook prepares and cooks hot food items for the
restaurant, deli, catering, or other departments. This is a
fast-paced atmosphere; the Food Service Cook must have high stamina
and a positive "can do" attitude. The Food Service Cook prepares
and cooks all items on the cafe menu. He or she ensures that all
full service and phone order pick-up times are met so that the
customer's expectations of food quality and service are exceeded.
The Caf Cook is also responsible to perform duties and
responsibilities listed below (other duties may be assigned):
* Preps, prepares, and cooks all items needed for daily orders.
* Follows all Bristol Farms' recipes, and portion sizes when
preparing foods following exact specifications.
* Peels, cleans, and cuts fruits to be served for breakfast of
* Cleans vegetables, fruits, and berries for salads, relishes, and
* Mixes ingredients for green salads, fruit salads, and potato
* Prepares dressings such as Thousand Island, French, and Roquefort
to be served on green salads.
* Prepares cold sandwiches and cheeses.
* Maintains a clean and sanitary work area at all times.
* Knows all cleaning chemicals authorized in the Food Service area
and understands proper usage.
* Follows the FIFO rotation system (First-in, First-out). Covers,
labels, and dates all leftover foods. Utilizes leftover foods
before opening new product.
* Inspects food and food preparation; including measuring
temperatures throughout the preparation process, to maintain
quality and sanitation in accordance with the FDA and local health
departmental codes and Bristol Farms' stringent standards.
* Follows safety work standards and reports any safety hazards to
supervisors and/or Store Director.
* Practices all safety procedures within accordance to Bristol
Farms standards and practices.
* Requisitions supplies daily.
* Some dishwashing required.
* Follows the employee handbook at all times, especially on service
standards and appearance.
* At all times, meets and exceeds Bristol Farms standards in
service, quality, presentation, sanitation, and cleanliness.
Customer Service Skills
Food Service Cooks are expected to provide customer service that is
extra ordinary and exceeds the expectations of our customers. They
are required to follow established policies and guidelines that go
beyond simply smiling and greeting customers. Going above and
beyond encompasses attitudes, respect, and flexibility. Food
Service Cooks are expected to have a positive "can-do" attitude; to
treat others with respect; and easily adjust to changes in the
Education and/or Experience
One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to
six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as recipes, safety
rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and other procedure
manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or Bristol
Knowledge of English
This is a customer service driven position. The candidate must have
the ability to speak, read and understand English. Ability to speak
and understand Spanish is a plus.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions,
percentages, and volume.
Ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability
to resolve conflicts in such a manner to create a win-win
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to stand, walk, talk or hear, and taste or smell. The
employee frequently is required to sit and use hands to finger,
handle, or feel objects, or tools. The employee is occasionally
required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the
ability to adjust focus.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the Food
Service Cook is regularly exposed to extreme heat and sharp
objects. He or she frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Why You'll Love Working at Bristol Farms:
* Amazing earning potential, paid weekly!
* A values-based culture that will engage and empower your growth
* A strong training program that will build your restaurant and
guest service skills
* Opportunity for growth within our family of brands
* Benefits available - Including medical, dental, vision, and
* Numerous scholarship opportunities available to full & part time
* 20% discount at all Bristol Farms and Lazy Acres locations
* $60 credit to Shoes for Crews every 6 months of employment
* Job Family Clerk
* Pay Type Hourly
* 018 La Cumbre - Bristol Farms, 3855 State St, Santa Barbara,
California, United States of America
Keywords: Bristol Farms, Santa Barbara , Food Service - Cook, Other , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!