Sr. Manufacturing Tech
Company: Arthrex, Inc.
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Requisition ID: 52741 Title: Sr. Manufacturing Tech - ACT
Division: Arthrex California Inc (US03) Location: Santa Barbara,
Arthrex, Inc. is a global medical device company and a leader in
new product development and medical education in orthopedics.
Arthrex is actively searching for a Sr. Manufacturing Technician to
Support the development, implementation and improvements of
manufacturing processes and tooling to produce cost effective
quality products and / or perform specific manufacturing assembly
functions. Join our talented team at a global medical device
company focused on Helping Surgeons Treat Their Patients
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Production & Production Support:
* Operate and maintain laser welding, laser marking & leak
* Analyze welding results in relation to specifications and adjust
equipment to meet specifications.
* Understand correct revision levels of components to upper level
and coordinate with planning regarding inventory and WIP
requirements, including effectivity dates for Engineering
* Use CAD and Programming skills to make process changes as
* Communicate with and support Production, QA, Mfg. Engr, Design
Engr and Inventory Control regarding delivery dates, changes on
drawings and parts and prototype requests.
* Follow thru newly set-up projects to assure smooth
* Assist with the design of fixtures, and perform Gage R&R
studies, driving efficiency improvements.
* Handle multiple project tasks at pre-determined lead-times and
prioritize and respond to special assigned projects and perform
required manufacturing routing steps.
* Assist in Yield enhancement projects to eliminate production
* Submit purchase requisitions for equipment and parts.
* Support Mfg. Engr troubleshooting production issues and
determining root cause.
MOC & Preventative Maintenance:
* Support manufacturing by creating necessary documents such as
purchase requests and MOC (Management of Change) for procurement of
new machines/ equipment.
* Perform timely preventative maintenance on manufacturing
equipment and document the PM's.
* Develop specific production processes. Create manufacturing
documentation and submit for release in Documentum.
* Perform product & process validations by recording data using
* Setup and conduct tests of complete units and components under
operational conditions to investigate design proposals for
improving equipment performance or other factors, or to obtain data
for development, standardization, and quality control.
Education and Experience:
* High School diploma or equivalent required
* A two-year associate degree in manufacturing technology or
equivalent manufacturing work experience as a skilled operator /
tech with progressively increasing responsibilities in a high-tech
* 5 years' experience as a manufacturing technician or equivalent
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or
Must have experience in computer skills: Word, Excel, CAD, and some
CNC programming knowledge.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
Thorough working knowledge of welding & helium leak detection
processes, equipment maintenance / troubleshooting skills and
knowledge of CNC programming methodologies.
Arthrex Inc., a privately held company headquartered in Naples,
Florida, is a global leader in orthopedic surgical device design,
research, manufacturing, and medical education committed to one
mission: Helping Surgeons Treat Their Patients Better---. Arthrex
has pioneered the field of arthroscopy and sports medicine and
innovates more than 1,000 new products and procedures every year to
advance minimally invasive orthopedics worldwide.
Our core value is Making People Better. As a leading health care
technology innovator, we are committed to making people's lives
better. The contributions we make to science and medicine have the
potential to get a star athlete back in the game or improve the
quality of someone's life. It's truly meaningful work.
Making People Better also signifies our corporate social
responsibility and commitment to employees and communities. We make
employees' lives better through job security, educational and
professional growth opportunities, unique benefits and amenities,
and modern facilities that promote a vibrant and dynamic atmosphere
of collaboration, mutual respect, and camaraderie. We also make
important economic and philanthropic contributions to the
communities we serve.
As a certified Great Place to Work - and one of the country's Best
Workplaces for Manufacturing and Production, Arthrex is proud of
its award-winning, family business culture. With more than 6,000
employees around the world, we are growing and looking for
candidates who champion our Arthrex Proud values of Innovation,
Integrity, Dedication, Teamwork and Competitive Spirit.
We invite you to explore our numerous exceptional benefits at
careers.arthrex.com or visit us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, or
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
protected veteran status.
Keywords: Arthrex, Inc., Santa Barbara , Sr. Manufacturing Tech, Other , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!