Company: Butler Aerospace & Defense
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Quality Systems CoordinatorLocation: Goleta, CA (93117)Job
Overview:The Quality System Coordinator position will support all
areas of Quality including Inspection, Engineering, and Quality
Assurance reporting to the Quality Manager. This position will take
a lead role will in the quality system, calibration coordination,
quality records and supplier quality activities for Seabed Systems
in Goleta, CA, with the potential for shared responsibilities at
other Maritime sites. In the position key responsibilities will
include the daily upkeep of incoming inspection records,
administration of our calibration system/suppliers, calibration
logs support internal audits, source inspection coordination,
corrective action logs, stamp log and training records.Major
- Support maintenance and improvement of the quality system in
support of the site.
- Perform visual and documentation inspections on incoming parts,
electronic assemblies and mechanical hardware.
- Maintains the Quality Records matrix and organizes quality
records for transfer to an off-site source.
- Inspect outside processing orders for compliance to
- Identify internal control issues/exceptions and ensure they are
well-defined, root causes analyzed and discussed and agreed with
- Manages Calibration Logs, POs, and schedules outside
calibration houses as necessary to ensure compliance to ISO
- Investigates problems and develops disposition and corrective
actions for recurring discrepancies of equipment
- Interfaces with manufacturing, engineering, customer, vendor
and subcontractor representatives to support and/or facilitate
resolution of product/equipment quality issues.
- Manages site corrective action logs and schedules weekly
meetings to address outstanding corrective actions
- Interface and communicate effectively, both orally and in
writing, with personnel.
- Conducting ESD and FOD audits and generates reports.
- Verifies that product is manufactured to the latest applicable
configuration documentation. May participate in physical
- Prepare Nonconformance Reports for the Material Review
- Identify, maintain, control and process non-conforming
- Certify and assists in maintaining ESD stations, logs, and
monitor employee ESD compliance.
- May support the Material Review Board (MRB)
- Assist in defect tracking and evaluation process, including
trend evaluation to reduce recurrences. (As directed by the Q.A.
- Assist in the implementation of ISO 9000/AS9100, and Procedure
- Tracks procedure updates for approvals
- Manages site training matrix and requirements, scheduling and
delivering training as required to maintain compliance.
- Ensures the quality management system and records are kept up
to date and conform to ISO9001/AS9100, DCMA, and other relevant
standards as required.
- Executes internal audits competently and with minimal
- Material Requirements Planning (MRP) software usage
- An understanding of the requirements and ability to conduct
quality audits and generate audit reports.
- Ability to calculate monthly Key Process Indicators
- Experience with 8D Problem Solving desiredEducation
- High School Diploma with 4 years experience
- Associates Degree with 2 years experience Experience
- Candidate must have 2-3 years of quality system experience
(ISO9001 or AS9100).
- Experience in heavily regulated industry is required
(Aerospace, Space, Medical and / or Defense industry experience is
- Familiar with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point)Butler
America Aerospace, LLC. is proud to provide an equal opportunity
workplace and be an affirmative action employer. Consider Butler
because we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We recognize that we thrive on diversity for the benefit
of our employees, our customers, and the communities where we are
located. Employment with Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is governed
on the basis of qualifications and competence without regard to
race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran
status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender
identity, gender expression, marital status, mental or physical
disability or any other legally protected status.
Keywords: Butler Aerospace & Defense, Santa Barbara , Quality Specialist, Other , Goleta, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!