Social Services Assistant
Company: Covenant Living
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: June 23, 2022
We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us!Part of a nation wide family
of Continuing Care Retirement Communities is seeking a Social
This is a unique position for someone who wants to make a
difference in the
lives of seniors in a skilled nursing position.
This position is called the Good Neighbor and helps our seniors at
the Smith Health Center when they need one on one time, such as
reading aloud, visiting, sending emails to family members, light
shopping, wheelchair walks, and creating joy and peace of mind. The
Good Neighbor may also drive a resident to a medical appointment.
Each day is different, depending on the need of the residents.
The ideal candidate will have:
- High school education, some college preferred.
- Understanding, patience and tact in dealing with people.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and good judgment are
- Attention to detail, accuracy and organizational skills.
- Dependable, have good inter-personal relationship skills, able
to establish positive, trusting relationships, flexibility, and the
abilities to deal well with others.
- Tactful and possess good communication skills (written and
verbal, English), and be able to communicate effectively with
staff, residents and others with whom this position has
- Courteous and relate well to others, have genuine compassion
for senior adults and the disabled, project a friendly character,
understand customer service and team building concepts.For full
time employees, we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing
- Pet InsuranceFor more information about Covenant Living and
CovenantCare at Home, please visit www.covliving.org or
Covenant Living and CovenantCare at Homeare equal opportunity
employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or
ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected
veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other
characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or
- 18 years or older
- At least high school diploma or equivalent or higher
- Able to comfortably lift 40 lbs
- Able to stand for duration of shift
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Background check
Keywords: Covenant Living, Santa Barbara , Social Services Assistant, Other , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!