Senior Software Engineer
Company: Procore Technologies, Inc.
Posted on: June 13, 2021
What if you could use your technology skills to develop a
product that impacts the way communities' hospitals, homes, sports
stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction
impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it's
also one of the world's least digitized industries, not to mention
one of the most dangerous.
That's why we're looking for experienced Senior Software
Engineers to join Procore's journey to revolutionize a historically
underserved industry. In this role, you'll join our highly
collaborative Product and Engineering organization to drive the
technical direction of our projects.
This position has the opportunity to work remotely from any U.S
location or be based in our Carpinteria, CA, or Austin, TX offices.
We're looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you'll do:
- Evolve our existing codebase from a monolithic Rails
application into a modular system with clear, well-enforced domain
boundaries and a coherent public interface
- Participate in designing and building a system that is aligned
with Procore's technical vision of a service-oriented
- Work up and down the stack to ship code for our Rails backend
and our React frontend, and dive deep into the database layer to
handle complex querying needs
- Collaborate with Engineering, Product, and UX to design and
build solutions that delight users and solve critical business
- Serve as a leader and mentor to more junior engineers within
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, a related field, or
comparable work experience
- 5+ years experience in Object-Oriented Program fundamentals,
Test Driven Development and Design principles (Ruby on Rails,
Python, C++, Java)
- Experience designing and building software in a
- Track record of anticipating technical problems that will fall
out of major projects and designing solutions to overcome those
- Experience working with our stack of Ruby on Rails, React, and
- Strong experience documenting and bringing team clarity to
- Time-honed expertise with modern web development across the
entire spectrum of development, testing, staging, deploying, and
- A curious mind that is driven to innovate and solve customer
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the
world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that
helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals,
housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the
bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing
offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are
saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all
backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic and inclusive
environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on
the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or
expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation,
race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other
classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions-both
personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing
benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness,
Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members.
Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health
care plans, flexible paid time off (Procore Values Time), employee
enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.
Keywords: Procore Technologies, Inc., Santa Barbara , Senior Software Engineer, Other , Carpinteria, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!