ABOUT INOGEN Inogen was founded in 2001 to improve quality of
life and increase freedom and independence for oxygen therapy
users. Inogen is innovation in oxygen therapy. The Inogen mission
is to improve freedom and independence for oxygen therapy patients
through innovative products and services. Inogen is a manufacturer
and Accredited Homecare Provider.
Inogen is focused on quality care, continuous improvement, and
outstanding customer satisfaction. We are a stable, USA based
company dedicated to providing an exciting and rewarding career to
our employees. We completed a successful Initial Public Offering on
the NASDAQ in 2014 and have demonstrated substantial growth over
the last five years. Our work environment is casual yet high
performing, and we are looking for seriously talented, motivated,
and fast-paced professionals to join our team.
Accountants support financial reporting by ensuring transactions
are recorded in accordance with GAAP. They prepare and analyze
balance sheet and income statement accounts to provide various
metrics and analysis to management for decision making purposes.
Accountants also prepare work paper support for information
included in external reporting including footnotes and SEC filings.
They assist with process improvement to ensure information and
systems flows smoothly throughout the organization.
Responsibilities (Specific tasks, duties, essential functions of
- Performs basic month-end closing procedures including
preparation of account reconciliations and creates manual journal
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to
- Identifies unusual trends or erroneous entries.
- Assist in implementing procedures to streamline monthly closing
and other financial activities.
- Ensures compliance with accounting policies and procedures
across all company departments.
- Assist with various projects that are assigned to the
- Perform a variety of month-end closing procedures including
preparation of moderately complex account reconciliations and
related journal entries.
- Analyze financial statement accounts, identify unusual trends
or erroneous entries, and verify accuracy of transactions and
- Develop and implement procedures to streamline month-end close
and other financial activities.
- Evaluate and maintain asset and liability accounts.
- Generation, analysis, review and communication of financial
data that reflects actual finance performance against budget.
- Complete assigned reconciliations of asset and liability
accounts and provides detailed analysis for support.
- Research issues that flow through to the general ledger from
subledgers and systems and interact with other departments as
needed to resolve the root cause of any problem.
- Assist in formulating accounting procedures and new policies
and the implementation of those systems.
- Assist with the review of lower level Accountants' work.
- Offer, initiate and implement recommendations for improved
efficiencies or stronger internal controls.
- Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting
- Guides staff by coordinating activities and answering
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and
interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing and
summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Assist with any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must possess a solid working knowledge of GAAP.
- Must have strong work ethic.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Effective conflict resolution.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise
- Ability to analyze and interpret company financial data &
- Analytical & problem-solving skills & ability to multi
- Solutions-oriented problem solver.
- Planning, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively interface with different departments
within the company.
Qualifications (Experience and Education)
- Able to execute at a task and project level independently.
- Minimal supervision required.
- Ability to mentor/train junior staff members.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related field of
- 6+ years' experience in Accounting.
- Advanced knowledge/proficiency in Microsoft Office, financial
accounting software and MRP/ERP Systems.
- A combination of training, education and experience that is
equivalent to the
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in the
position. However, only those selected for an interview will be
Inogen is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran
status, and other legally
protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its
supplement are available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm;
The pay transparency policy is available here:
Inogen is committed to working with and providing reasonable
accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a
reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of
the employment process, please send an e-mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org or call (972) 616-5668 and let us know the
nature of your request and your contact information.
- Job Family Accountant
- Job Function Individual Contributor
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor's Degree
- Inogen, Inc., 301 Coromar Drive, Goleta, California, United
States of America