Assistant General Manager Bonus Eligible
Company: Marriott International
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Posting Date May 17, 2021
Job Number 21047257
Job Category Rooms & Guest Services Operations
Location Courtyard Santa Barbara Goleta, 401 Storke Rd, Goleta,
California, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Courtyard by Marriott
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
With more than 330 managed locations in more than 20 countries
Courtyard by Marriott offers a refreshing environment that helps
guests stay connected and balanced. Working at Courtyard, you'll
ensure guests have a smooth, productive stay that meets their
personal and business needs. Find Your World at Courtyard by
Responsible for supporting all aspects of the operation
including guest and employee satisfaction, human resources,
financial performance, sales and revenue generation and delivering
a return on investment. Assists the General Manager in leading the
team in the development and implementation of property-wide
strategies. Verifies the implementation of the brand service
strategy and brand initiatives with the objective of meeting or
exceeding guest expectations. Builds relationships with key
customers and is involved in the sales process.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the guest
services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and
Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or
related major; 2 years experience in the guest services, front
desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Assisting the Operational and Financial Management of the
- Verifies that all brand standards are being maintained in each
area of the property.
- Verifies that all team members meet or exceed all brand
- Manages the operation of the all property departments.
- Promotes both Guarantee of Fair Treatment and Open Door
- Verifies that a viable key control program is in place.
- Maintains current licenses and permits as prescribed by local,
state and federal agencies.
- Provides a safe working environment in compliance with
- Manages all finance and accounting functions, including, but
not limited to, accounts payable, accounts receivable, petty cash,
payroll and ordering procedures, end of period, banking procedures
- Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and
other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement
and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program
- Complies with all corporate accounting procedures.
- Performs required annual Quality audit with GM and RD.
Supporting the Management and Development of Departmental
- Stays readily available/approachable for all employees.
- Extends professionalism and courtesy to employees at all
- Leads by example demonstrating self-confidence, energy and
- Assists/teaches team managers scheduling (using Scheduling
Tool) against guest and hours/occupied room goals. Makes sure that
staffing levels are appropriate to exceed guest expectations.
- Sets clear performance expectations with the General
- Assists team supervisors with constructive coaching and
- Solicits feedback for continuous improvement.
Managing the Guest Experience
- Extends professionalism and courtesy to guests at all
- Motivates and encourages staff to solve guest and employee
- Provides excellent customer service by being readily
available/approachable for all guests.
- Takes proactive approaches when dealing with guest
- Assists employees in understanding guests ever-changing needs
and expectations, and how to exceed them.
Conducting Human Resource Activities
- Verifies that orientations for new team members are thorough
and completed in a timely fashion.
- Takes proactive approaches when dealing with employee
- Verifies that property hiring practices comply with I-9, and
EEO requirements and strives for a culturally diverse work
Performs other duties as assigned and needed.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We
believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive,
people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any
protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any
other basis covered under applicable law.
Keywords: Marriott International, Santa Barbara , Assistant General Manager Bonus Eligible, Other , Goleta, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!