Requisition ID: 46144 Title: Sr. Service Development Engineer
Division: Arthrex, Inc. (US01) Location: INC Santa Barbara, CA
Our Arthrex location in beautiful Santa Barbara, CA is seeking a
Sr. Service Development Engineer to represent the repair center of
arthroscopic systems for operating rooms throughout the entire
product development process. Qualified candidates have a bachelor's
degree in engineering and 7 years of experience in field service
engineering or medical electro-mechanical design, repair and
Join our talented team at a global medical device company
focused on Helping Surgeons Treat Their Patients Better!
Main Objective: The Senior Service Development Engineer will
work to provide the voice of Service and Repair during the product
development process, provides product troubleshooting expertise for
internal/external teams and develops and maintains technical
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops support methodology, troubleshooting documentation,
and installation, maintenance, repair, and upgrade processes for in
field and in house repairs.
- Establishes and implements service support documentation and
infrastructure for capital equipment offerings.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for serviceability of
- Provides service project management leadership on new product
- Develops and implements processes to expand, support and
develop call center and field service support of direct and 3rd
- Develops and maintains Technical Support procedures.
- Develops service bulletins to inform global team of product
support changes and maintenance updates.
- Improves customer loyalty by supporting customer satisfaction
programs and working on new initiatives.
- Provides technical troubleshooting support for internal and
- Ensures a quality customer service experience and resolves
- Develops new techniques, processes and Service products.
- Works on major projects or several service projects of moderate
scope with complex requirements.
- Reviews and approves scope, budget and schedule of project
- Assists senior management and staff as technical specialist in
Service and Repair.
- May Supervise, lead and direct engineers, technicians or
- Travel up to 30%
Incidental Duties: The above statements describe the general
nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not
intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed
additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical, electrical or biomedical
- 7 years relevant experience required.
- 7 years experience in medical device industry preferred.
- 7 years experience in Capital Equipment Service preferred.
- 7 years experience in field service engineering, service
development, or medical electrical equipment design, repair and
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or
Training: Skilled in working with different functions and
effectively coordinates their activities to achieve desired
results. Excellent listening skills, including the ability to
identify and isolate customers concerns or objections, in addition
to excellent written and oral communication. Travel required.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills: PC and various and
specialized software. High efficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint,
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
protected veteran status.