Asset Management Architect/Engineer- Santa Barbara, CA
Company: Tetra Tech, Inc.
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want
to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech,
you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about
using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in
water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy,
and international development.
Tetra Tech is an industry leader in Asset Management Services.
Accordingly, Tetra Tech executes numerous facility/infrastructure
condition assessments (FCA) for government and commercial clients.
An FCA is an asset inspection and engineering analysis of the level
of maintenance and history, failure trends, root cause analyses,
and work requirements to be accomplished that establishes the
physical and mechanical condition of an asset. Clients use the FCA
as a planning tool for short and long-term budget requests. Tetra
Tech is seeking qualified architects, engineers and/or technicians
qualified to assess electrical, mechanical, fire protection,
exteriors including roofs, interiors, and other facility systems,
as well as linear utility systems, stormwater, wastewater, water,
electrical, natural gas, pavement, steam or compressed air.
- Perform facility assessments of buildings, structures and other
real property assets across the building
structural/civil/architectural, mechanical/electrical/plumbing and
fire protection systems. Work is typically performed in teams of
2-4 assessors with assignments split based on personnel experience
and trained disciplines.
- Conduct inventory and condition assessments of building systems
consistent with the UNIFORMAT convention per ASTM E1557.
- Identify building components and document deficiencies to
update the facility condition index (FCI).
- Generate system summary reports for assigned systems.
- Field work on-site in both CONUS and OCONUS on trips lasting
- Strict adherence to the Tetra Tech safety policies.
- Knowledge and application of US Army Corps of Engineers
Sustainment Management Systems. Use of BUILDER Sustainment
Management System (SMS), including inventories, condition
assessments and data entry using BUILDER Remote Entry Database
(BRED). Project activities can also include obtaining and
correlating existing building drawings, team calibration on
BUILDER/BRED, preparing data collection devices, assessment of
facility exterior, interior, and roof, as well as mechanical,
electrical, and plumbing systems (MEP) and providing scope and
rough order of magnitude costs for needed repairs and condition
index for each assessed facility. May also perform energy audits to
identify energy and water conservation measures.
- Candidates shall be recent college graduates or have experience
consulting on built infrastructure asset management and facility
management. Experience includes pre-design consulting services or
having worked on projects in facility or infrastructure asset/real
property inventory, facility condition assessments (BUILDER SMS
experience preferred), space utilization or facility use surveys,
roof inspections/condition assessments, pavement assessments,
capital investment planning, cost estimating and programming, and
- Experience as a project manager and having managed a variety of
projects at various levels of complexity and cost, maintaining
project schedules and project cost, and achieving or exceeding
revenue projections is preferred.
- Experience managing projects in the Federal or Public sector is
- Mechanical/Electrical assessors shall be capable of conducting
inventory and condition assessments of building
mechanical/electrical/plumbing (MEP) systems and ancillary
- Structural assessors shall be capable of understanding and
identifying building envelopes including various structural
systems, exterior/interior walls and windows, roofing, flooring and
related architectural finishes.
- All engineers, architects, and assessors must have knowledge of
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements and be able to
identify life safety issues.
- Design experience in AutoCAD preferred.
- Experience with RS Means, and general exposure to constructions
estimating, is preferred.
- Ability to work independently with minimum Project Manager
oversight while maintaining schedule discipline.
- Interact with Project Manager and Technical Leads to ensure
compliance with project scope objectives.
- Ability to present a professional demeanor and outlook.
- Ability to positively and professionally interact with clients,
resolve issues, manage expectations, meet or exceed client
expectations, deliver revenue targets, and develop new work.
- Be available to travel minimum 25%.
- Familiarity with industrial, large office, and other large
- U.S. Citizenship and ability to obtain and maintain a National
Agency Check with Local Agency Check (NACLC) clearance from the
Department of Defense (DoD).
- Successfully pass a Department of Motor Vehicles background
check by designated company automobile insurance carrier.
- Valid state driver license.
- Active U.S. Passport.
Education and Experience:
- Candidates shall have a Bachelor of Science in Civil,
Electrical, or Mechanical engineering or a degree in architecture
from an accredited university.
- Professional registration preferred. Ability to become
professionally registered or ability to obtain other industry
recognized credentials required.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience performing facility
condition assessments or related facilities engineering/maintenance
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the job
including performing facility inspections over 6+ hours a day
covering 5+ miles typically as well as ability to climb ladders and
assess spaces including roofs, interstitials, basements, crawl
spaces and utility tunnels.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required
including technical report writing experience.
- Computer skills are required to populate assessment data in the
client's asset management software. Must provide own laptop
computer with Microsoft Windows 10 or later and Microsoft Office
2013 or later. Experience with tablet computers, cloud computing
services and Microsoft Access desired.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and
engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the
resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local,
client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the
world. We are Leading with Science to provide sustainable and
resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that
supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are
proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by
For more information on our company, please visit our website at
www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover
letter on the Careers portion of our website at
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those
selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is
committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an
Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested
parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request
priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
Keywords: Tetra Tech, Inc., Santa Barbara , Asset Management Architect/Engineer- Santa Barbara, CA, Other , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!