Manager, Software Engineering (SME)
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: June 8, 2021
LogicMonitor is the leading SaaS-based performance monitoring
platform for enterprise IT.
We love going to work and think you should too. We are
customer-obsessed, work as one team, and strive to be better every
day. These are our core values. So it's no surprise that we work
hard and genuinely have fun working with each other to achieve
great things together.
Right now, we are working from home temporarily due to Covid.
Normally, you'll be working in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara.
We are looking for you to bring your expertise, drive, and passion
as we expand our global presence and achieve record-breaking
LogicMonitor is an equal opportunity employer. We're committed
to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees, where
different backgrounds and perspectives are valued and encouraged -
regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex,
marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran
status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. We encourage all
people to come as they are.
We operate with integrity, esteem diversity and treat each other
fairly and with respect. We strive to find our own versions of
personal and professional harmony through community building and
holistic growth. We hear time and time again that our awesome
people are a huge part of why LMers chose LogicMonitor, love their
teams, and choose to stay.
To learn more about life at LogicMonitor, check out our Careers
What You'll Do:
The Manager, Software Engineering will support a set of
engineers at LogicMonitor to become best-in-class engineers. The
SEM, reporting to the Senior Manager, Engineering or the Director,
Engineering, is responsible for the management of the engineers
reporting into the manager. The will lead the recruiting, coaching,
mentoring and and management of the growth, health and performance
of the individuals. You will work closely with a couple of agile
development teams to build and own their products. You will foster
the culture of the LogicMonitor Engineering team that embodies a
dedication to building great products, personal performance
excellence, team participation, team retention and accountability
for the development of LogicMonitor products.
Here's a closer look at this key role:
- Support engineers reporting to you through coaching, mentoring
and creating opportunities for growth
- Embrace servant leadership to grow high-performing software
engineering teams. Provide day-to-day management of the team,
including performance management.
- Build optimal engineering team structure (job titles, salary
ranges, performance evaluation system, etc.), developing the next
level of leaders from within the team
- Guide the teams in continuous improvement, team dynamics,
successful execution and technical excellence
- Collaborate with product managers and other stake holders to
set strategy and direction for teams
- Work across R&D to improve ways of working, technology and
- Provide regular reporting of Engineering roadmap and objectives
to executives; provide weekly status updates for current
- Work with offshore teams, communicating effectively with teams
from various geographic locations
- Collaborate to define strategy and processes for hiring
engineering talent, including conducting interviews
What You'll Need:
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related field of study
- 7+ years of industry experience with strong development
experience as part of career progression
- 2+ years of experience of coaching engineers, with demonstrated
experience managing and growing engineering teams
- Proficient in leading in an agile environment - sprint
planning, retros, team building and other continuous improvement
- Experience in managing teams to build, deliver, and support a
- Experience with Java and overall design architecture
- Familiar with Cloud technologies such as AWS, K8s, Containers
Keywords: LogicMonitor, Santa Barbara , Manager, Software Engineering (SME), Other , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!