Behavioral Health Residential Counselor
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Do you enjoy working with clients with moderate to severe mental
health symptoms, facilitating growth and supporting them to get all
of their needs met as equal, valued and self-respecting
individuals? Do you see clients as individuals, rather than being
defined by their diagnoses? If so, you would fit in well with
PathPoint's Behavioral Health Division, the award-winning and
long-running agency that is also forward thinking and
PathPoint is seeking a part-time Residential Counselor for our
residential and social rehabilitation programs in Santa Barbara,
CA. A home is not a home without a Residential Counselor, and a
counselor will always have a home away from home at Phoenix and
Mountain House. Residential Counselors provide their clients with
respect, support, and an understanding that they are more than
their diagnoses. In this role, you will gain experience and
training treating a variety of psychiatric disorders, including
bipolar illness, depression, schizophrenia, personality disorders,
and anxiety. This is a part-time position up to 24 hours per week,
and the ability to work overnight shifts and weekends is strongly
preferred. If you are a registered Associate Marriage and Family
Therapist (AMFT), you can receive supervision hours with us.
Please include a cover letter when applying; we want to hear
your voice and why you are interested in this opportunity.
Why Work At PathPoint:
- Culture of kindness, compassion and respect
- Opportunity to make a difference in your community every
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance*
- Paid vacation starting at 2 weeks per year*
- Paid sick leave
- 12 paid holidays*
- 403(b) retirement savings plan with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts*
- Voluntary wellness program with cash rewards
- Employee Assistance Program
- Housing Assistance Program
- Referral Bonus Program
- Supervision hours for Associate Marriage and Family
- Benefits noted with an asterisk are for full-time employees
regularly scheduled for 30+ hours per week.
- Provides ongoing assessment of clients' mental illness symptoms
and responses to treatment. Recognizes and is available to clients
in psychiatric crisis or emotional distress. Assists clients in
developing appropriate coping, conflict resolution, and
- Assists clients in learning household maintenance and performs
moderate facility maintenance. Functions as positive role model,
promotes cooperation and harmony in communal living, and upholds
and promotes the program philosophy in all duties performed.
- Assists clients with matters related to benefits and
healthcare, including applying for new benefits or services,
scheduling medical appointments, and maintain medical records.
- Provides ongoing assessment of activities of daily living.
Assists clients in the following areas when needed: personal
hygiene, shopping and cooking skills, money management skills,
accessing reliable transportation, and scheduling appointments.
Provides supervision for the general health, safety, and social
rehabilitation of clients.
- Observes and facilitates clients taking medications as
prescribed. Documents medication monitoring.
- Completes program documentation pertaining to individual client
files, evaluating and charting client progress, service plans,
admission/discharge paperwork, Medi-Cal billing, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in a Psychology or a related field and one
year of experience in the mental health field; OR high school
diploma/GED and at least 5 years of relevant experience
- Must be legally able to bill Medi-Cal
- Must have a valid California Driver's License, satisfactory
driving record, and be eligible for coverage on our auto insurance
- Must receive a criminal record clearance through the DOJ and
pass pre-employment health and TB screenings
Compensation and Benefits: $18.50 per hour. Benefits for
part-time employees include paid sick time; 403(b) retirement plan
with employer match; wellness program with cash rewards; free
Employee Assistance Program; and housing assistance.
About PathPoint: PathPoint supports people in living the life
they choose. We partner with people with disabilities, people with
mental health diagnoses, and young adults to pursue their hopes and
dreams through strengthening workplace abilities, building life
skills, and developing meaningful relationships. PathPoint is a
501(c)(3) non-profit organization that serves over 2,000
individuals annually in five counties of Central and Southern
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race,
religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age,
marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: PathPoint, Santa Barbara , Behavioral Health Residential Counselor, Other , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!