Agile Coach II
Company: Karl Storz Endovision Inc
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Under general guidance ,this position involves training and
coaching at the team, program, management, and leadership levels,
in addition to contributing to various transformation workstreams,
and must be able to engage and manage multiple stakeholder groups,
prioritize deliverables and navigate a matrixed global
organization. The position will also support technology
transformation efforts focused on leveraging modern development
tools and methodologies to create a DevOps culture. They will work
with stakeholders to drive improvements in agile maturity while
demonstrating quantifiable progress towards achieving higher
performing teams and improved business outcomes.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: List the essential duties and
responsibilities of the position, in order of importance and/or
amount of time spent.
- Provide thought leadership on Agile best practices, at scale,
for assigned product lines.
- Coach scrum teams in agile values and best practices, teams of
teams in multi-sprint "big room" planning, engineering
craftsmanship best practices and enabling delivery at scale across
- Contribute to development of Karl Storz agile development
methodology, through alignment with product and technology
- Deliver needed agile training to align our teams around a
common language and methodology for Karl Storz. Teach and encourage
techniques that increase collaboration, predictability, and
transparency. Participate in creation of Agile coaching strategy,
creating a common approach that would help our team's delivery with
improved effectiveness and efficiency.
- Partner with product and engineering leaders from assigned
Product Lines to enable them as impediment removers for our
- Lead communities of practice to enable craftmanship for product
owners, development engineers, quality, scrum masters and agile
- Be the influencer to help transform Karl Storz into a
self-learning and continuously improving organization.
- Supports the creation of a culture that empowers
self-organizing teams, with a focus on accountability,
adaptability, quality and speed to market. Provides team members
with feedback and means of improvement and answering
- Maintain an awareness of what is happening within the agile
community both internally and externally and, where appropriate,
experiment with introducing new practices to the organization
- Support teams with Agile tool use with their working knowledge
of one or more Agile tools such as JIRA, Mural or equivalent. Stay
current with industry best practices with respect to Agile
- Coach 2-3 Agile teams simultaneously with in-depth guidance on
the roles, rituals, and artifacts of Agile teams and organization
- Leverage their strong knowledge of and background in Agile
frameworks and methodologies like Kanban/Scrum/Safe
- Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
Industry certification reflecting Agile/Lean competencies (e.g.,
ICP-ACC or CEC, CSM)
Personable, self-aware, confident yet humble team player who
embodies the concept of servant leadership
Excellent oral and written communication skill.
Detail orientation but able to see the big picture too.
- Knowledge of medical device quality system regulations and
standards (eg, U.S. FDA Quality System Regulation 21CFR Part 820,
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
BS or MS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Project
Management, or a related discipline with relevant work
2-3 years demonstrated agile coaching experience, at scrum team,
team of teams and leadership levels.
- Previous medical experience is also desirable.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
Injury and Illness Prevention Program; annually - OSHA
Blood borne Pathogen: annually, OSHA requirement
Product Development Process training
- Job Specific - In house requirement
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION REQUIRED:
- Individual requires minimal day to day supervision. Must set
own goals and track the goals of others to ensure deadlines are
- Contact at all levels of the organization within the Goleta
facility, NAR, and globally.
Keywords: Karl Storz Endovision Inc, Santa Barbara , Agile Coach II, Other , Goleta, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!