Software Dev Engineer II
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: June 7, 2021
"Alexa, who's the on-call doctor in the ICU tonight?"
"Alexa, what aisle is the cereal in?"
"Alexa, how many developers work in Santa Barbara?"
Do you want to help simplify how people retrieve information in
offices, organizations, and stores? On the Alexa Enterprise
Knowledge Skills team, you'll do just that.
You'll have the unique and high-visibility opportunity to build
tools that enable third-party developers to create self-service
knowledge graphs on their private, enterprise data and enable
employees and customers to have flexible, natural-language Q&A
on that data through Alexa.
You'll work on all aspects of the product - from infrastructure
to security, customer-facing interfaces to micro-services. You'll
build these tools on top of the most comprehensive knowledge
graph-based Q&A system in the world, gaining insight into the
inner workings of AWS, the Alexa Skills Kit, and other Amazon
Impact you'll have:
- Co-develop a new Alexa capability that helps employees and
customers talk to enterprise data using natural language
- Have your code used daily by a high-volume of diverse Alexa and
AWS customers (e.g. knowledge workers, medical professionals,
- Help grow a team significantly over the next 1-2 years
What you'll do:
- Work on a high-visibility, high-growth project within
- Commit code several times a day that is immediately seen/heard
by Alexa users
- Gain deep familiarity with Alexa's technical underpinnings
- Influence our technical roadmap and feature priorities
Who you'll work with:
- A motivated, ambitious team of top-performing product managers
and software developers
- Software developers across many Alexa teams, including Alexa's
core understanding and answering
- Senior personnel across Alexa
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such
as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and
design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of
new and current systems.
- Experience developing enterprise software applications
- Experience with AWS technology (e.g. EC2, DynamoDB, S3)
- Proficiency in relational databases
- Proficiency with search technologies
- Proficiency building large-scale, high-availability web
- Security-minded and comfortable working in Linux
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be
considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various
Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial
application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your
career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters
can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Santa Barbara , Software Dev Engineer II, Other , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!