Senior Manager, Web Operations Engineering
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Hi, We're AppFolio.
We're innovators, changemakers, and collaborators. We're more
than just a software company - we're a cloud-based powerhouse that
creates products to make our customers' lives easier. We're
revolutionizing the way people do business, and we want your ideas,
your enthusiasm, and your passion to help us keep on
We love where we work, and you can, too.
We are looking for a Sr. Manager, Web Operations Engineering to
help lead and grow the Web Operations team. The WebOps Team
supports our growing number of customers, services, and
responsibilities while not sacrificing our proven track record of
uptime, reliability, and risk mitigation.
What You'll Do:
- Spend your first six months as an engineer on the team to learn
the ins and outs of what we do: code deployments, performance,
reliability, capacity planning, and infrastructure - this will give
you a solid foundation for leading, coaching, and supporting this
highly effective team.
- Build a great team. The people who report to you feel like they
are doing their best work and have a strong sense of
- Create solid relationships with other members of the
Engineering organization. They'll trust in your and the Web Ops
team's ability to execute priorities and solve technical
- Successfully evolve the Web Ops team into a Site Reliability
Engineering team. You'll help lead the adoption of SLIs and SLOs
within the Web Ops team and the larger Engineering
- Own the Web Ops audit and compliance responsibilities.
What You'll Bring:
- 3+ years of experience in an engineering leadership role.
- 4+ years of experience running production services.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical discipline,
or equivalent experience
- Technical Expertise: Proficient with the following
- Networking (e.g., TCP/IP, DNS, TLS, HTTP)
- Databases (MySQL preferred)
- Common Amazon Web Services (S3, EC2, Route53, etc.)
- Strong familiarity with Kubernetes is a huge advantage.
- Operations Mindset: You have a careful and systematic approach
to problem-solving. You're not a person who settles for partial
understanding but works diligently to find and fix root causes.
Your experience helps you spot potential production issues a long
way off, and you work to mitigate those issues.
- Owner's Mindset: The buck stops here. You don't look to blame
others or rely on others to save the day. As Sr. Manager, you own
the team's success, as well as its failures.
- Action-Oriented: You're self-motivated and can stay on top of
deadlines imposed by business needs (e.g., scaling systems in a
timely manner or ensuring processes are in place as required by
- You communicate clearly and effectively, whether verbally or in
- Inspires Others: You're able to motivate Web Ops engineers to
perform at their best and help them grow their careers.
AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded in 2006 with the mission to
revolutionize vertical industry businesses by providing great
software and service. Our easy-to-use, cloud-based software helps
our customers more effectively market, manage, and grow their
businesses. Our software solutions exist in the real estate
vertical, including AppFolio Property Manager and AppFolio
To find out more about what AppFolio has to offer, check out
Keywords: AppFolio, Santa Barbara , Senior Manager, Web Operations Engineering, Other , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!