Software Engineer III, QKernel, Quantum AI
Company: Google Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of software development experience, or 1 year with a
relevant advanced degree.
- Industry experience in Python, C/C++, Java, or related
languages including version control and testing.
- Experience with data analysis software such as numpy/pandas or
- Experience with low level systems engineering such as operating
systems or drivers.
- Experience with high-performance networking and network
- Experience programming in a typesafe language such as Scala or
- Experience with hardware interface protocols such as GPIB.
About the job
The Quantum team's mission is to make useful quantum computing
tools available to the world to enable humankind to solve problems
that would otherwise be impossible. Google AI Quantum is building
novel systems that can leverage quantum mechanics to outperform the
world's largest computers at certain classes of problems. Quantum
computers will leverage the laws of quantum mechanics to solve some
previously intractable problems, but they also require a lot of
non-quantum engineering to build a complete system.
As a software engineer in the Google AI Quantum group, you'll
work closely with other engineers and researchers at the forefront
of quantum computing. The QuantumOS team builds software for
operating quantum computers, and for running experiments and
managing data in the quantum hardware lab.
As a software engineer focusing on QKernel, you will help to
build the operating system that translates abstract descriptions of
quantum programs into low-level instructions and runs them on
quantum hardware. You will build high-performance systems to
interface with custom hardware and support ongoing research and
experiments of physicists and engineers in the group.
- Develop full-stack control software for a quantum computer,
from user-facing code for describing quantum algorithms, to
hardware interface code for custom FPGA control hardware.
- Collaborate with researchers and engineers to design and
implement software tools for quantum computing experiments.
- Develop scalable, reliable, maintainable, and extensible
software solutions for solving cutting-edge research problems.
- Develop drivers for custom control electronics for quantum
Keywords: Google Inc., Santa Barbara , Software Engineer III, QKernel, Quantum AI, Other , Goleta, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!