Front Office Manager
Company: HEI Hotels
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Mar Monte Hotel is your gateway to the American Riviera. Just
minutes from Santa Barbaras downtown, the hotel is located on
Cabrillo Boulevard, across from East Beach and the Pacific Ocean.
Across the road from East Beach along the Pacific Ocean, this
polished hotel with a 1930s Spanish Colonial vibe is 1 mile from
Stearns Wharf and 3 miles from the Santa Barbara Museum of Art.
Our employees enjoy hotel and F&B discounts throughout the
world of Hyatt and HEI, various Bonus/Incentive and Recognition
Programs, plus - working alongside beautiful, ocean front views.
Apply today to join our team!
We value U.S. military experience and invite all qualified military
candidates to apply.
Our mission is to provide a creative
approach to hospitality, creating unforgettable experiences fueled
by culture for our guests and community – our guests will always
leave feeling inspired.
We bring the Santa Barbara experience
to life by embracing and empowering our diverse team, partners, and
guests both visiting and locals alike.
Curiosity: Life is richer with
moments we don’t expect. Our team is equally as curious about
guests, and provide thoughtful, individualized
Belonging: The warm Southern California
hospitality leaves guests feeling pampered and
Similar to the nature around you, each space is designed for
the senses and our service will bring that to life.
Ensure guest service standards of the
guest arrival, departure, and any other guest contact experience
are met through optimal training, staffing, and supervision of
labor, efficient management of operating supplies, and proactive
monitoring of guest service scores and comments.
- Ensure efficient guest registration, checkout, guest
service, and telephone service, while ensuring all brand standards
are being applied.
- Implement company and franchise
- Prepare forecasts and reports and assist in the
development of the room's budget.
- Monitor and maintain the front office systems and
equipment to ensure their optimum performance.
- Track guest satisfaction surveys and maximize usage of
the guest response tracking system.
- Develop and implement controls for expense management.
Utilize labor management tools to schedule and control labor
- Interview, hire, train, develop, resolve problems,
provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or
termination when appropriate of staff members. Ensure timely
completion of performance appraisals.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear
direction to staff.
- Interact positively with customers and take action to
resolve problems to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction
Ensure compliance of front office, guest service, and PBX
standard operating procedures and policies. Ensure all Front Office
Quality Standards are complied with and are consistently
- Coordinate activities with other hotel departments in
order to facilitate increased levels of communication and guest
- Assist in the daily maintenance of room inventory status
to achieve optimal levels of revenues while maintaining high levels
of guest expectations.
- Resolve customer complaints; anticipate potential
problems by reviewing and monitoring complaints, operational
issues, business flow and associate performance to ensure high
levels of customer satisfaction and quality.
- Develop strong relations with the sales team to discuss
and implement sales strategies to continually improve occupancy
levels and revenues.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards is
essential to the successful performance of this
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on
a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as
- Minimum of 2 years Front Desk experience, preferably in
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor's
- Proficient with PMS system.
- Advanced knowledge of brand's reward
- Able to handle cash and credit
- Computer literacy and financial management a
- Able to effectively deal with internal and external
customers, some of whom will require high level of patience, tact
and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information and
- General knowledge of local area attractions and
- Able to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
Able to remain calm and alert, during emergency situations and/or
heavy hotel activity, serving as a role model for clerks and other
- Working knowledge of federal, state and local laws
governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights,
occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues and labor
relations, including, but not limited to the following statues and
their comparable state and local laws.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with associates and customers.
- Able to make sound business decisions and take action
quickly based on previous experience and good judgment.
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans,
security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations,
preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget
forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences,
such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers,
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed
to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you
choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating
value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical
and Dental programs through Anthem Blue Cross
Blue Shield as well as Vision insurance
EyeMed. Our Vacation, Sick and
Holiday programs are available for you to rejuvenate with time
off. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a
wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child
Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our
401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our
'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional
incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We
evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected
Keywords: HEI Hotels, Santa Barbara , Front Office Manager, Other , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!