Product Manager, Senior
Company: Inogen, Inc
Posted on: June 6, 2021
ABOUT INOGEN Inogen was founded in 2001 to improve quality of
life and increase freedom and independence for oxygen therapy
users. Inogen is innovation in oxygen therapy. The Inogen mission
is to improve freedom and independence for oxygen therapy patients
through innovative products and services. Inogen is a manufacturer
and Accredited Homecare Provider.
Inogen is focused on quality care, continuous improvement, and
outstanding customer satisfaction. We are a stable, USA based
company dedicated to providing an exciting and rewarding career to
our employees. We completed a successful Initial Public Offering on
the NASDAQ in 2014 and have demonstrated substantial growth over
the last five years. Our work environment is casual yet high
performing, and we are looking for seriously talented, motivated,
and fast-paced professionals to join our team.
The Product Manager, Senior leads a variety of sales, marketing,
and product management activities, ensuring departmental tasks are
performed on time and on budget. This role manages projects - plans
and coordinates the development of new products and enhancements of
existing products based on short-term and long-term goals. The
Product Manager, Senior is responsible for product changes and
justification, new product identification and commercialization,
product position and pricing, customer feedback, and competitive
Responsibilities (Specific tasks, duties, essential functions of
- Develop a long-term vision and strategy for product portfolio.
Communicate strategy with stakeholders to obtain approval.
Implements product strategies consistent with company vision,
aligning business strategies to go along with product strategy
- Takes strategy and develops company-wide market plan for the
business's products; partnering with all departments for the
execution of this plan.
- Work with senior management to create product plans and
roadmaps per the company's vision and strategy.
- Aid in the development of product enhancements and new product
- Work with design teams to produce product prototypes to capture
market feedback to guide product design.
- Ensure products are launched into market with commercial
excellence correctly and on schedule.
- Conduct market research and obtain consumer feedback on
products, incorporate feedback from customers into the product
- Responsible for developing product promotion strategy and
coordinating execution with Commercial Marketing team
- Assist in making department budget and planning, allocating
resources, and delegating tasks
- Responsible for managing the product line life cycle all the
way from the strategic planning to tactical initiatives, through
end of life.
- Ongoing assessment and identification of risks to organization
along with mitigation plan
- Establish and maintain relationships with KOL and other
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative market research to define
customer behavior and identify unmet needs
- Support product intellectual property strategy (patents /
trademarks) and work with counsel as needed.
- Assist in the hiring, training and development of product
management team members.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Assist with any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Possess experience and thorough understanding of product
management, project management, product marketing, technology
products, and business finance.
- Able to conduct custom market research, develop budgets, and
collaborate with several parties simultaneously.
- Proven experience as a Product Manager or similar role
- Experience in product lifecycle management
- Familiarity with Agile framework
- Organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of the
- Creative thinking skills and problem-solving aptitude
- Analytical Problem-Solving skills required to identify root
causes of basic technical and non-technical problems associated
with advanced respiratory care products.
- Collaboration & Teamwork to establish good working
relationships between engineering, marketing, sales, and
- Must have Flexibility and the ability to adapt to the changing
internal and external variables.
- Must be adept at Organization, Planning & Execution to manage
product development and launch process.
- Presentation skills required to build internal support for
projects as well as sell customers/sales reps, etc on product and
- Decision Making & Problem-Solving skills required to provide
clear direction for priorities and responsibilities.
- Management Administration Skills Knowledge and experience in
the following required:
- Project Management
- Lead cross-functional teams
- Must have strong work ethic.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Attention to detail is required.
- Effective conflict resolution.
- Analytical & problem-solving skills & ability to multi
- Solutions-oriented problem solver.
Qualifications (Experience and Education)
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business or related technical
- MS/MBA/MA, preferred
- 7-10 years' experience as a Product Manager, required. 1-3
years project management experience, required.
- Intermediate knowledge/proficiency in Microsoft Office, online
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in the
position. However, only those selected for an interview will be
Inogen is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran
status, and other legally
protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its
supplement are available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm;
The pay transparency policy is available here:
Inogen is committed to working with and providing reasonable
accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a
reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of
the employment process, please send an e-mail to
email@example.com or call (972) 616-5668 and let us know the
nature of your request and your contact information.
- Job Function Management
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor's Degree
- Inogen, Inc., 301 Coromar Drive, Goleta, California, United
States of America
Keywords: Inogen, Inc, Santa Barbara , Product Manager, Senior, Other , Goleta, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!