Company: City of Santa Barbara, CA
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Under general direction, the Applications Administrator
analyzes, designs, tests, implements, and maintains the Microsoft
Windows-based systems used to support the City of Santa Barbara
Land Use process, which is based on the Accela Civic Platform and
Accela Citizen Access. The successful candidate will be skilled in
troubleshooting Microsoft Back Office products (SQL, IIS, SSRS), as
well as configuring, implementing changes, and writing automation
scripts and reports for the Accela Civic Platform. This position
works with users and Supervisors from a variety of City departments
to determine requirements, and implement refinements to enhance the
delivery of services.
Responsible for high-level management and support of assigned
City enterprise, permitting, and planning applications (Accela).
This includes installing, patching, upgrading, testing, and
troubleshooting applications; developing and analyzing custom
reports; and documenting system support processes and procedures.
This position is also responsible for the administration, backup,
maintenance, and monitoring of the application databases, and works
with users from multiple departments to determine requirements and
implement/produce refinements to improve and enhance the delivery
of services. EMPLOYMENT STANDARDS
- Provides exemplary customer service to all individuals by
demonstrating a willingness to be attentive, understanding,
responsive, fair, courteous, and respectful, and to actively
participate in maintaining a positive customer service
- Participates in the needs assessment, research, selection, and
implementation of new application software and systems.
- Leads and participates in updating applications including
implementing patches, upgrades, and new versions.
- Develops, plans, and coordinates testing application changes
and upgrades ensuring existing features and functionality remain
available and that the applications will operate correctly in the
current or new environment.
- Responsible for establishing and administering application
interfaces, security, user permissions, and workflow rules.
- Performs application performance monitoring and implements
- Provides high-level application technical support. Documents
and tracks reported issues and works with Information Technology
staff, users, and the application vendor's technical support staff
to resolve the issues.
- Analyzes and troubleshoots application problems and issues to
determine their cause and implement their resolution.
- Develops application operational procedures documentation and
trains Information Technology staff in the use of these
- Performs application database administration, maintenance, and
- Performs application database performance monitoring and
implements efficiency improvements.
- Schedules, coordinates, and facilitates regular user group
meetings for enterprise applications.
- Determines user report and data extraction requirements;
creates structured queries and stored SQL procedures; develops,
modifies, and manages custom reports using Microsoft SQL Reporting
Services and Accela Ad Hoc Reporting.
- Attends a variety of meetings as required.
- Assists the user departments in maintaining compliance with
State and Federal rules and regulations related to the use of the
- Develops, plans, coordinates the testing, and subsequent
implementation of application configuration changes and custom
scripts to enhance system automation.
- Researches, analyzes, compiles, and interprets social,
economic, population and land use data and trends.
- Works closely with departmental staff to understand and
identify business needs; analyzes and evaluates present or proposed
business procedures or problems to define automation needs.
- Identifies new technology solutions to automate or streamline
the end-user workload. Advocates on behalf of the system's users
for change and process improvements.
- Serves as liaison with outside vendors to support technical
interfaces, automation scripts, and third-party application
- Serves on committees, outside organizations, and staff
subcommittees as necessary; coordinates technical support
activities with other departments and divisions and outside
- Performs related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Administration and support of computer systems, databases,
application interfaces, and enterprise applications: specifically
Microsoft Windows Server and Desktop operating systems, Microsoft
SQL and Access databases, Microsoft IIS, Accela Civic Platform, and
Accela Citizen Access. Knowledge of document management systems,
Geographic Information Systems, Electronic Document Review, is
- Operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of computer systems
- Principles and business practices of computer systems,
relational databases, and enterprise and financial
- Techniques of database setup and configuration, data analysis,
structured query languages, scripting, and advanced report
- Modern office methods, procedures, and equipment.
- Managing, installing, supporting, and troubleshooting computer
systems, interfaces, and applications.
- Scripting, testing, and validating application
- Perform analysis and write specifications for computer systems,
applications, databases, interfaces, and custom reports.
- Make recommendations for selecting computer systems and
- Install, configure, and support computer systems and
- Write, test, and validate scripts to support application
- Identify, evaluate, and solve computer system and application
- Manage computer system and application security.
- Work independently; establish and meet schedules and
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with
those contacted in the course of work.
- Lead, direct, and oversee the work of others.
- Train Information Technology staff and end-users on
applications and technology.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in
- Maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of
assigned duties and responsibilities which may include the
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Operating assigned equipment
Maintain effective audio-visual discrimination and perception
- Making observations
- Communicating with others
- Reading and writing
- Operating assigned equipment
Experience and Training Guidelines
Any combination of experience and training that would likely
provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A
typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
Five years of increasingly responsible computer support
experience including the administration, troubleshooting, analysis,
and maintenance of a variety of enterprise application systems,
with experience administering the Accela Civic Platform preferred.
Accela Certification(s) and familiarity with payment adapters is
Equivalent to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or
university with major course work in computer science or a related
field. SELECTION PROCESS
It is important that your application and responses to the
questionnaire show all the relevant education, experience,
knowledge, and abilities you possess that qualify you for this
position. Applications may be rejected if incomplete. All
applications and questionnaires will be reviewed and the most
qualified candidates will be invited to continue in the selection
process which may consist of an application/questionnaire rating
and a practical and/or an oral exam.
CITY APPLICATION AND RESPONSES TO THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE
MUST BE RECEIVED BY 5:30 P.M. ON FRIDAY, JUNE 11, 2021.
Keywords: City of Santa Barbara, CA, Santa Barbara , Applications Administrator, Other , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!