Customer Relationship Manager
Company: Appfolio, Inc
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Hi, Were AppFolio.
Were innovators, changemakers, and collaborators. Were more than
just a software company were a cloud-based powerhouse that creates
products to make our customers lives easier. Were revolutionizing
the way people do business, and we want your ideas, your
enthusiasm, and your passion to help us keep on innovating.
We love where we work, and you can, too.
Who Are We Looking For?
A leader who can delight consumers by growing and managing a
highly engaged, effective and efficient Consumer Relations team
with laser focus on ensuring compliance with the Fair Credit
Reporting Act and Screening policies & procedures.
What Youll Do
- Manage and mentor Consumer Relations Specialists to meet KPIs
by setting clear performance expectations
- KPIs include (i) internal audit findings, (ii) consumer NPS,
(iii) average response time, (iv) average time to close a case, and
(v) percent of calls answered live
- Build a deep understanding of the Fair Credit Reporting Act and
how it relates to AppFolio and our tenant screening business.
- Develop and maintain a full understanding of the compliance
requirements and risks associated with Disputes, Reinvestigations,
- Formalize training materials, onboarding processes, and
processes for implementing new policies & procedures to increase
quality, de-risk operations, or to increase efficiency while
- Build and lead a high performing team of Consumer Relations
- Forecast headcount needed to achieve KPIs
- Foster an inclusive culture and promote employee
- Create clear escalation processes for the Consumer Relations
team and other teams that interact & depend on Consumer Relations
so that questions and issues are resolved within hours.
- Own escalated and risk cases with consumers through to
- Assist the team with disputes & inquiries
- Develop & maintain successful partnerships with key third party
vendors by maintaining open lines of communication & surfacing
What Were Looking For
- Navigating sensitive situations: Can coach a team on how to
handle sensitive situations & difficult conversations.
- Sound judgement: Assesses key issues when presented with
challenging or ambiguous situations and applies sound judgement
based on all facts, seeking additional input when necessary.
- Process Management : Looks for ways to improve processes to
maximize quality & efficiency. Knows how to organize people and
activities. Can simplify complex processes. Is willing to
re-engineer processes from scratch.
- Action Oriented / Get It Done Mentality : Inclination and
ability to accomplish goals, bias toward action, operates with
urgency, driven to do great work; proactively address issues before
they become widespread
- Coaching / Ability to Develop People : Coaches people in their
current roles to improve performance and prepares them for future
growth, proactively instilling perspective when necessary to ensure
- Managing and Measuring Work : Sets clear objectives and
measures. Establishes clear directions, distributes workload
- Transparency : Brings issues to light accurately, whether in
positive or difficult situations and properly setting
- Attention to detail : appropriately checks all work for errors
and does not let important details slip.
- 3-5 years experience managing teams in a business with
significant compliance requirements (e.g., background screening,
lending, payments, etc.).
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.
- Public record / background screening / FCRA experience
- BA/BS degree
AppFolio ( NASDAQ: APPF ) was founded in 2006 with the mission
to revolutionize vertical industry businesses by providing great
software and service. Our easy-to-use, cloud-based software helps
our customers more effectively market, manage, and grow their
businesses. Our software solutions exist in the real estate
vertical, including AppFolio Property Manager and AppFolio
To find out more about what AppFolio has to offer, check out
Statement of Equal Opportunity
At AppFolio, we value diversity in backgrounds and perspectives
and depend on it to drive our innovative culture. Thats why were a
proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we believe that our products,
our teams, and our business are stronger because of it. This means
that no matter what race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identification, national origin, age, marital status,
ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran status, youre
always welcome at AppFolio.
Keywords: Appfolio, Inc, Santa Barbara , Customer Relationship Manager, Other , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!